BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Currently getting offered a 330d or 335d Shadow Editions with ~28% off list and at 1.9% APR for the PCP. Has anyone been offered anything better recently?

I'm now really pressed to change my current car due to the PCP timings & milage before the end of December and the above feel the best compromise on performance/economy (up to 20kpa).

I can't get to a pm figure I am happy with on the 5 series without a sizable deposit which doesn't suit due to car allowance offsets. Although my preference is a Mercedes E Class they just don't offer the comparable performance outside the petrols.

Man of Honour
The 3 series is a generation behind the 5 Series now and is due for replacement in about a year, which is probably why it's now much more affordable than the 5 Series. There is nothing wrong with it (though the shadow editions seem dreadfully naff) but be aware that the 5 series is now a considerably more modern car.

I'd rather have a used F10 5 series than a new F30 3 Series, imho. It's a better car and the tech is equivalent.

Soldato
The 3 series is a generation behind the 5 Series now and is due for replacement in about a year, which is probably why it's now much more affordable than the 5 Series. There is nothing wrong with it (though the shadow editions seem dreadfully naff) but be aware that the 5 series is now a considerably more modern car.

I'd rather have a used F10 5 series than a new F30 3 Series, imho. It's a better car and the tech is equivalent.

Agreed. I was going to get a 330e for about £360 a month, but when I saw I could get a 530e for about £20 a month more, it was a no brainer.

Soldato

The stock 335d i'm being offered is mineral grey with Red Dakota leather. Not sure if that is a total win or a gash. I think the latter.

As for age and replacement cycle with BMW, it always seems like your only ever months away from an LCI or a new version. Feels like yesterday the F30 was launched to me. I can happily compromise as only plan to keep 2 years plus it's such a big saving. On my potential mileage a lease doesn't seem to work on this car. Regardless, it's not exactly a bad place to be and it's the benefit of the impending replacement that is driving the strong offers.

Leasing is considerably more favourable on a BMW 530d though compared to PCP. I use my car allowance so prefer to keep deposit and my actual cash investment to a minimum. However, I prefer the E Class to the 5 and the 350d is not a good value option whereas, were I contemplating the E220d against the 520d the Merc is a better buy/lease.

Soldato
It's a PCP so you don't have to worry about selling it on :p

Personally I wouldn't touch that combo with a bargepole, but there's people out there buying things I regard as horrific so taste is very very subjective :D

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Anyone know who the OE supplier is for front brake discs and pads on a 2006 BMW E63 630i?

Also, any other brand recommendations?

ECP currently coming up as around half the price of what the dealer quoted me for what sound like decent brands (ATE, Brembo).

Soldato
Generally ATE or Pagid.

ATE, Textar, Fritz Winter or Jurid. Never known BMW to use Pagid branded items, even if they are a TMD friction company.

I'd recommend using ATE or Brembo discs. I have used both and hammered both on several cars and they have never given any sort of judder or other issues. I have used Pagid discs/pads before on two different cars and both have given judder after a couple of months - therefore I would recommend avoiding them.

Soldato
Thought I'd pop back in here, as I've just order the replacement to my F30, 325d.

Found I didn't need the space anymore, so asked the nice salesman to order me an M140i SE Auto instead. Mineral Grey with White leather plus some other bits and pieces.

http://mybmw.co.uk/o1e5r5d2

Did I do right ??
Lovely car, not sure about jet black wheels but never seen them in person to be fair. Maybe they look great irl?

Caporegime
Thought I'd pop back in here, as I've just order the replacement to my F30, 325d.

Found I didn't need the space anymore, so asked the nice salesman to order me an M140i SE Auto instead. Mineral Grey with White leather plus some other bits and pieces.

http://mybmw.co.uk/o1e5r5d2

Did I do right ??

Looks good to me mate. Black wheels might not be my preference but quite frankly I have to stfu as mine are black! :p

Back
Top Bottom