BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Nice week long trip around the New Forest area completed in the 530d. 2 years old now and I can't remember the last time I was this satisfied with a car. It's brilliant :)

Associate
Thought I'd pop back in here, as I've just order the replacement to my F30, 325d.

Found I didn't need the space anymore, so asked the nice salesman to order me an M140i SE Auto instead. Mineral Grey with White leather plus some other bits and pieces.

http://mybmw.co.uk/o1e5r5d2

Did I do right ??
I think you'll love it. M140 is a superb car for the money, just sold mine but enjoyed every minute of it.

Soldato
I'd rather have a used F10 5 series than a new F30 3 Series, imho. It's a better car and the tech is equivalent.

As a quick update, after some enquiries yesterday & today, AUC 530d even F10 that fit my criteria cost more to buy pm than the new ones.

I am getting some progress on a new 530d M Sport though due to the strong current residuals and I haven't discounted a lease.

My first preference would still be a Mercedes E350d but I still can't get close to a sensible deal on new, lease or auc so it's off the radar for now. I would take a 335d or even 330d over a E220d or 520d though. They don't offer enough over my current car otherwise.

Nice week long trip around the New Forest area completed in the 530d. 2 years old now and I can't remember the last time I was this satisfied with a car. It's brilliant :)

Some great drives in the NF. Best time of year now when you get a dry day as you don't tend to get the volume tourists or cyclists.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As a quick update, after some enquiries yesterday & today, AUC 530d even F10 that fit my criteria cost more to buy pm than the new ones.

That's because finance on used sucks. Pay cash instead, use a bank loan if you need to borrow. PCP on used always ends up looking ridiculous IMHO. Mine was 10k less than the cheapest carwow deal on a new one (this was before the g30 came out).

Soldato
That's because finance on used sucks. Pay cash instead, use a bank loan if you need to borrow. PCP on used always ends up looking ridiculous IMHO. Mine was 10k less than the cheapest carwow deal on a new one (this was before the g30 came out).

Used prices aren't looking very competitive at the moment and auc F10 in my criteria are too close to G30 pricing.

I don't mind looking at independent PCP finance if there are any suitable brokers?, but my car is essentially a business function (commuting, client visits, client transport etc) not an asset I need to or want to own so I don't want to take out a personal loan.

I take a CA in lieu of company car and BIK on a cc for me on this sort of car is uneconomical really.

I keep compromising on performance for the sake of saving a few ££ on the pm. But don't want to this time.

A 335d xdrive shadow edition (if only for the pro nav) new in stock is working out at around £400pm.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Used prices aren't looking very competitive at the moment and auc F10 in my criteria are too close to G30 pricing.

You shouldn't need to pay any more than about 26k for a year old one? That's half the list price of a new G30 and about 15 grand less than the best discounted price?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
You Think ?? I thought the black shadow edition pieces went well with the Mineral Grey paint, especially with the white (Oyster) seats
Horses for courses. I think the black kidney grille surrounds, black wheels and dark grey paint is a bit dreary.

Your car, your choice! I like bright colours but I'm not buying a brand new 140i so what I think is irrelevant.
Yours probably looks much better IRL than on the CGI car configurator as well.

Soldato
You shouldn't need to pay any more than about 26k for a year old one? That's half the list price of a new G30 and about 15 grand less than the best discounted price?

I think you need to have a look on the AUC site.

28k seems to be the lowest suitable with prices well up in the early 30s. Looking at sub 10k miles really. Even just over 10k isn't much better.

Ones around the 26/27k are a bit meh or other end of t country.

Prob wrong time of year.

Soldato
Bizarre, got mine with about 6k on it, 12 months old and I figured prices wouldn't have gone up since then as this was pre G30 launch :confused:

You're absolutely right, what on earth :confused:

I know lol :D

Prices seem to have gone up across the board though, everything seems to have gone up 10% on the premium cars again in the latter part of this year. I looked in Jan and again in June after we moved house and even the carwow deals have gone up. Only car that's gone right down is the 3 series which is helped by the APR @ 1.9%. That's a £150pm saving on AUC APRs but obviously driven by stock and lifecycle. 5 series on 2.9% too.

I know prices go a bit odd at this time as not many buy over Christmas so stock is a bit thinner.

Associate
So I collected my new 67 plate 118d MSport SE from Marshall Hook and the service was exemplary throughout. Took it for an obligatory test drive on the backroads from Andover to Salisbury and onto Bournemouth. Massive smile on mine and the girlfriends face all the way. Can't believe how many heads it turned. For a deisel it pulls like crazy - certainly a lot quicker than the GT86 it replaced! Still finding my way around it but loving it so far!

Shawrey

Soldato
Can't believe how many heads it turned.

An estoril blue 1 series doesn't turn any heads...

I had one in M135i guise and one of the appealing parts of the ownership was how well it blended in with other cars as to not draw too much unwarranted attention (parking out on the street, for example). The blue is lovely but that's about it.

Enjoy your new car!

Back
Top Bottom