£500 Gaming, workstation rig

Associate
Hello everyone.

Im am looking for a casual gaming and light workstation rig for 500 pounds.

I will like to use Intel's Coffee Lake Cpu And use an ATX form factor.

I appreciate any help, please could you budget with and without a OS.

P.S I have a GTX 750 TI which i will use until i get a 1060/1070 in Feb

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Would that cover me for future expand ability . Like maybe an i5 or i7 and m.2 support ?

Also it says that motherboard is 7th gen cpus (z270) not Z370

Caporegime
Associate
There is this just slightly over budget

slighty higher spec ryzen and ram

but both @stulid suggestions are good

the ryzen is good for 2020 so a few years proof yet and easy enough to upgrade

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £551.19 (includes shipping: £12.30)

Caporegime
Are Kolink a good PSU supplier?

They actually dont "make" PSUs but rather get other compaines to make them for them so they can stick their own name on it, that Kolink PSU is made by HEC (rubbish) and is just a cheap budget PSU to get you going.

The Superflower is made by themselves as they make PSUs for many others (EVGA use them a lot for example).

It may cost £15 more to get the Superflower, but with its Platinum rating how long will it take for it to save you that on the fuel bill? a few months, maybe a year? depends how long you use the PC for daily.

Associate
They actually dont "make" PSUs but rather get other compaines to make them for them so they can stick their own name on it, that Kolink PSU is made by HEC (rubbish) and is just a cheap budget PSU to get you going.

The Superflower is made by themselves as they make PSUs for many others (EVGA use them a lot for example).

It may cost £15 more to get the Superflower, but with its Platinum rating how long will it take for it to save you that on the fuel bill? a few months, maybe a year? depends how long you use the PC for daily.

agreed always better spending few extra quid for better psu to serve and last longer
like driving a skoda to a bentley, both get you from a to b but better luxury in a bentley

Back
Top Bottom