*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Associate
Also at start of 2018 I will have my PC back up and running, if anyone is looking to learn the game I would be more than happy to teach them some things. My last rank was Diamond 3 in 2s.

Soldato
Mine haven't evolved at all. I'm still terrible and panic and miss too much. :(

I think this game would work great on 3D screen.

Caporegime
I love the game but only ice hockey. I started here and now havePlayed it so much I am terrible at the ball. It's mainly the lightness of the ball. I always arrive at it too soon.

I also find air control quite hard on Xbox pad. Also struggle with ball cam.

Im pretty good at hockey but with no competitive area it's not that useful.

Soldato
How do you guys get better with air balls? I'm pretty good on the ground with ball control but I really struggle with anything in the air, I can never get much power when I do hit it - playing with XBONE controller and I hate ball cam unless I'm falling back to defend a counter attack.

Associate
Well the biggest thing I found out that helped my air game was to hit jump, then press jump & boost together to get up for the very high balls, I still havent mastered rotating in the air or wall dribbles yet tho, struggle to change cam in time when I'm in the air. People on here told me ages ago, u really need to get used to ball cam, its tricky at first but it helps massively to improve.

That said I cant even win casual games, the level of competition seems to have got way higher lately, possibly because I ranked up in casual, I feel way out of my depth now, usually the lowest scorer, struggle to create chances for others or score myself because the defenses I'm up against are so good.

Soldato
How do you guys get better with air balls? I'm pretty good on the ground with ball control but I really struggle with anything in the air, I can never get much power when I do hit it - playing with XBONE controller and I hate ball cam unless I'm falling back to defend a counter attack.

Depending on the height and position of the ball, double jumping with boost is always a sure way to get power on the ball, but if it's low enough and you have time, single jump with boost and then dodge into the ball at a 90 degree angle will "boom" the ball. For more air control, remap 'drift/air roll' to LB, makes everything much easier.

Managed to get to Champ 1 in standard as a solo player... not sure how, 3 games from Champ 1 in doubles as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom