• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel i5 label on back of cpu?

Associate
Hi Guys!

Haven't built a PC in a long time but just purchased the i5 8600k! (oem) Yay!

But it appears to have a barcode sticker on the back of the actual CPU itself, annoyingly it's not an easy peel so it has obvioulsly got bits left on the CPU itself, is this an accidental sticker-ing? Or should i just remove it with the usual cpu thermal compound remover?

Thanks!

Associate
OP
hi Sorry! Not on the contacts on the face plate side where the cooler goes, it was an OEM.

Just want to make sure it's okay to pick it all off. (I assume so as it would just be like removing paste?)

Thanks

Soldato
White spirit would be my advice. If it's troublesome, consider returning it, because the heatspreader needs to have a good clean contact without gluey residue...

Associate
Barcode on the actual ihs? thats not normal

(also its the 8600k again thats having issues it seems just webnote ocuk and they will sort it out !)

G J

G J

Associate
Years ago I cant remember the exact place I bought a cpu from the retailer put a small barcode sticker on the underside of it and it was half on the gold contacts and covered near all of the central cpu die area. I peeled it off and I had no problems with it but what a weird place to put it. :confused:

edit: I think it was one of my old core2duo cpu's.

Back
Top Bottom