• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan V announced £2700 15TF 12nm Volta

Soldato
https://www.nvidia.co.uk/titan/titan-v/

Capture.jpg

At £2700 that's making your Titan Xp look cheap. On sale now.

Limited to 2 per customer though . . . :D

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1213...dia-titan-v-video-card-gv100-for-3000-dollars

For gaming looks very disappointing, 15TF single precision vs 12.1 of the Titan Xp.

Massive increase in double precision though, and of course addition of tensor cores, so looks like a return to the Titan's roots of being a massively capable compute device plus the addition of AI and machine learning.

Last edited:
Associate
Unlike the previous Titan it looks like it will be a cut down Pro Tesla card with the full floating point capabilities. And not based on the gaming variants we have been accustomed too. I guess previously this would have been marketed as a quadro card. It's not aimed at most of us so we will have to wait for the real consumer level volta cards in the future (which will likely perform significantly better at regular tasks too).

It will be nice to see reviews.

I expect superb performance, desire, rage, jealousy, awe and wonder.

Soldato
Finally, what a titan card should be !!!! Nice return back for Nvidia .
Those that want to create AI or do some series power work but can't afford £5k+ on the commercial cards but who like to game when not working :)
Hopefully they'll stick to the original point of this card, but I have a feeling they'll just milk as many titan cards as they can next gen :/

Soldato
Looks like the card does not use SLI, are they going with NV Link on a gaming card?

It's not a gaming card, mate. It's pretty evident from the branding this time, too. Geforce isn't even on the shroud. At £2,700 you're throwing money away considering how fast it will depreciate into 2018. Wait for Q2, trust me ;)

Soldato
£2700 for a single GPU ? Sorry but whoever gets this for "gaming" needs to go see a psychologist.

It's not a gaming card, mate. It's pretty evident from the branding this time, too. Geforce isn't even on the shroud. At £2,700 you're throwing money away considering how fast it will depreciate into 2018. Wait for Q2, trust me ;)

It's not even the full fat GV100, The Titan Vx will be out in 6 months for the low low price of £3000 and some sucker will lap it up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom