Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Soldato
/\/\/\/\ this. I bought my sister a Delonghi bean to cup machine last year for Xmas (the one that was on offer from Argos) it plays up (Descale light wont go out) & is very noisy. She doesnt use it that often as a result.

Soldato
I would have no qualms about returning it ? - but have nver seen an Argos returns/repair discussion anywhere on OC versus JohnLewis/Curry's

Soldato
Got to love weatherspoons now. Went for a breakfast and they informed me they now do unlimited coffee on all options. So they have a touch screen machine that feeds you as much esspresso as you want for £1.20 or so. Think i over indulged and had about 8.

Soldato
Is Rave coffee any good? Looking to buy a few bags for christmas to use with my aeropress. Hopefully something thats not too acidic as I had some really acidic stuff from Hasbean that put me off coffee for a while it was that bad.

Soldato
Rave is my fave....

Tried most of the big ones now, a few local and a few supermarket. I always go back to rave. I've not tired the M&S beans yet mind.

Soldato
+1 M&S, following earlier discussion ( or the Asda beans.)
I think supermarkets have upped their game to take back market from Internet/independant shops.
No need to pay the postage (or up the quantity & freeze excess), wait for delivery, conveniently available.
they have the economy of scale, so supermarket & consumer can reap reward during perpetual austerity.

Soldato
+1 M&S, following earlier discussion ( or the Asda beans.)
I think supermarkets have upped their game to take back market from Internet/independant shops.
No need to pay the postage (or up the quantity & freeze excess), wait for delivery, conveniently available.
they have the economy of scale, so supermarket & consumer can reap reward during perpetual austerity.
Try Tank coffee, free delivery and come in a box that fits through the letter box.

Soldato
Further to some earlier posts is there now a go to espresso machine now that the Gaggia Classis seems to have been royally screwed up? Is there anywhere I could look for second hand other than ebay?

Soldato
Try Tank coffee, free delivery and come in a box that fits through the letter box.
yes - you did kindly post some picture of their packaging after I had critiqued them - but they do transfer the P&P into the coffee prices !

Rancilio Silvia
used they seem to be nontheless £250, I see you can get a used DuoPro £150 or a DL-dedica685(similar internals to Gaggia?) £140

Those recommending M&S beans - do they have a (recent) roasted date on?
they have no roasted date, just have a year on the used by date (my running theory) - so you have to subtract ..... but mine have always been the current month ...
all a bit dishonest imhop

Soldato
Another awesome Christmas present; Pikaplant

pikaplant-jar-coffea-arabica-ecosphere-01-3200x1800-m-560x560.jpg

Magma sell them, and my local coffee place said on FB they have some in. Pretty cool :)

Man of Honour
Righty ho. This is starting to be a nice tradition.

The Third Wave Wichteln 2017 registration is now OPEN!

http://www.thirdwavewichteln.com

You send some nice coffee beans out to someone and receive some in return. :D
In the past I've received Intelligencia and Counter Culture and both were beautiful.

Great idea and useful for getting some interesting coffee through.

Soldato
So I've decided to go for a bean to cup machine for me and the other half to add to my Aeropress, Clever Dripper and Chemex ensemble. Does anyone know the difference between the Delonghi 2800 and 4200 as I can't spot it for the life of me, other than cosmetic and the 4200 having 13 grinder settings vs the 7 of the 2800...

Thanks for any advice!

Back
Top Bottom