HDMI Splitter to allow 4K passthru

Soldato
Ive just put my LG 4K tv on the wall and I'm using my Sky Q box connected to a pioneer lx58 amp. I've got the obvious issue with 4K passthru as my amp isn't HDCP 2.2.

I was hoping that I could put a HDMI splitter in the system which would allow me to route a HDMI picture to the TV but also provide a HDMI connection to the amp for the sound.

Is this something which could work and if so, can anyone recommend a suitable splitter?

Cheers,

Associate
I bought a Voxlink splitter that was supposed to do just that. But although the TV would detect an HDMI source, it wouldn't show anything. It could be poor compatibility but I thought these things worked on standards so not sure what has happened. I eventually just upgraded my amp to a 4K capable one (Denon 2400H). Glad I did as this amp totally outperforms my old Yamaha.

Soldato
How about optical from TV to amp then? Then all sources that go into the TV has the sound outputted to the amp? Or use the TV's ARC to send the sound between the TV and the Amp.

Soldato
OP
I could use optical, but, when I get round to using full HD audio it won't be any good.

I know that won't impact sky viewing so may have to go with optical for now. I was hoping a splitter would do what I needed

Soldato
It might do, but you might need to get a very good (read: expensive) to work properly. You could get an optical cable for under a tenner that would do the job you need to just now. Or use the ARC from the TV, with an HDMI cable you no doubt already have.

Back
Top Bottom