Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [8th - 13th December 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
Reportedly kicked off after Mourinho went to their changing room to request that they celebrate with more dignity. The only man with less shame than Castles.

Soldato
From the perspective of a Chelski fan.

Everton - never a pen but from the ref's view, can see why he gave it.

Herrera - blatant dive, Jose using it as a distraction tactic to gloss over how **** Lukaku was.

In other news, loving Klopp's new pearly whites.

Your the deluded one.

The best team lost.

Some people are beyond help.

Caporegime
Read the rest of the thread Yas. Stop reading the last comment in a conversation and jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Lol actually I did read the whole thread and replies and lol’d at how easily you were baited.

Still don’t understand what point you were trying to make with the Arsenal jibe though.

Some people are beyond help.

Hey pot meet kettle ;)

Associate
That was only the second ever penalty that Everton have had at Anfield since 1937. The other was 1988

You see these decisions do even themselves out after all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The penalty was super soft but Lovren shouldn't have put his hands up, i'd be looking at him if I was Klopp and saying 'Explain why you put your hands on him in that position?' No need for him to do that. What, he doesn't like a bit of contact? He's supposed to be a centre half.

I think the ref has seen that and thinks he's pushed him over, Lovren has allowed the ref to make that decision, silly from him.

Associate
I think if that incident were to have happened anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a free kick. Calvert Lewin got himself in between the lovren and the ball, felt a push, and went down. Pretty straightforward.

Associate
Yea that's true, I agree. If he did go down under the same challenge elsewhere on the pitch I think it would have been a free kick though.

Caporegime
Defenders go down under that sort of contact all the time to get freekicks.

Lol actually I did read the whole thread and replies and lol’d at how easily you were baited.

Still don’t understand what point you were trying to make with the Arsenal jibe though.

Arsenal jibe? I was replying to someone else who said you deserved to win last week. (You said you read the thread but you clearly didn't)

Caporegime
The penalty was super soft but Lovren shouldn't have put his hands up, i'd be looking at him if I was Klopp and saying 'Explain why you put your hands on him in that position?' No need for him to do that. What, he doesn't like a bit of contact? He's supposed to be a centre half.

I think the ref has seen that and thinks he's pushed him over, Lovren has allowed the ref to make that decision, silly from him.

How do you expect him to run? With his hands strapped to his body? Where exactly is he supposed to put his arm when running and someone moves into him and across him. People seem to watch slow motion footage and pass comment rather than what’s happening at full speed and how you run in those circumstances.

Caporegime
How do you expect him to run? With his hands strapped to his body? Where exactly is he supposed to put his arm when running and someone moves into him and across him. People seem to watch slow motion footage and pass comment rather than what’s happening at full speed and how you run in those circumstances.

Do you run with your hands up facing outwards and towards someones back? That's some weird running technique right there.

jtifAwx.jpg

That's not a natural position for his hands to be in whichever way you want to spin it, he's put his hands up to push him.

Edit: Firmino finds it pretty funny anyway :p

Last edited:
Associate
No such thing as a "soft penalty". It's a penalty or it's not a penalty.

If the referee feels that Lovren did enough, which he did, to impede the player then it's a penalty.

Calvert Lewin knocks the ball past Lovren, slightly away from goal but he can certainly score from that position, and Lovren gets in a tangle with him, puts his hands all over him and the player goes down.

I'm sorry but if the boot was on the other foot, and it quite often is where Liverpool are concerned, then they'd be demanding a penalty as well.

We've seen plenty of times that if a player is impeded by a defender and stays on his feet that a penalty will NOT be given and the opportunity to score is lost.

Players HAVE to go down under a challenge, however slight, because they have no other option. The referee cannot be relied upon to apply the rules of the game if a player stays up and "remains honest".

Some of these shouts for Calvert Lewin to be banned are nothing but sour grapes.

Man of Honour
Do you run with your hands up facing outwards and towards someones back? That's some weird running technique right there.

That's not a natural position for his hands to be in whichever way you want to spin it, he's put his hands up to push him.

I do.. balance :D

Too many soft freekicks and penalties given in today's game. Being late and deliberate is one thing.. but this was just daft.. I think it's a sorry state when you see players jumping with their hands behind their backs in fear of the ball coming to hand.. Like like a load of ballet dancers in the 6 yard box.. blahh..

Caporegime
Too many soft freekicks and penalties given in today's game. Being late and deliberate is one thing.. but this was just daft.. I think it's a sorry state when you see players jumping with their hands behind their backs in fear of the ball coming to hand.. Like like a load of ballet dancers in the 6 yard box.. blahh..

I agree but then the game is soft.

Slide tackles in particular are something that irritates me these days. I can't remember who made one yesterday, I think perhaps Kompany on Herrera and it was perfectly timed, from the side and cleanly took the ball but because he made contact with Herrera it was given as a foul (naturally Herrera was writhing around in agony). It won't be long until slide tackles are completely banned.

Associate
The rules of the game are working as intended. The top sides regularly get the benefit of the doubt. It is only on rare occasions that this does not go to plan and usually a referee will be punished with a few weeks of League 1 football as a result.

Associate
You've been reading too many Sam quotes. Of course there is, that's a standard response when a decision has gone for your team.
A decision went in favour of my team at Anfield for the first time in 30 years. Liverpool fans need to give their heads a wobble. It all events out over the course of a few decades.

Caporegime
A decision went in favour of my team at Anfield for the first time in 30 years. Liverpool fans need to give their heads a wobble. It all events out over the course of a few decades.

No wobbling needed here, i'm no Liverpool fan :p

Reading up about the in tunnel action after the game, first we had pizzagate and now milkgate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom