*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Axiom verge is a great metroidvania that I can highly recommend.

Have a look at cave story too.
Thank you, I will check them out.
Out of curiosity, how many hours did you put into it you think?
I'm about 6 hours into it, I think I have a few more hours till the finish. Some of the caves can be quite tricky but never too tricky like the zelda shrines.

It's one of those games where you can take a straight line to the end so to speak or go explore :) Just a fun game you can play for 15mins or a couple of hours.
Best £14.99 I have spent in months. Just sorry it took me so long to start giving these Indy games a try.

Associate
Is anyone else suffering from Zelda completion denial syndrome?

I have half a dozen other games to play but can't bring myself to start them as it would be an admission that I'm done with Zelda.

Associate
Haha, I know the feeling.

I've been back to Zelda playing the new story expansion this weekend, but I keep thinking about what could happen next in XB2. I'm at a point were a lot just happened and I have to speak to someone very important, so I'm probably about to go somewhere new.

Just had a slight glitch in X2.

My play time went from 32 hours to 54 this afternoon :confused:

Yeah I think XB2 has a bug where the game timer can continue to increment if the game is suspended and console is in sleep.

There are also reports of the game crashing, perhaps more likely if the game is left running for days (in sleep mode), so remember to save plenty. I haven't seen a crash yet but I usually completely close the game after a session.

Soldato
Still heavily into Skyrim. On my third character.......

Although I played it to death on the PC some years ago, its like I am playing it afresh.

One thing that bugs me though.

Motion controls work fine with archery, but the X axis is reversed, and there is seemingly no option to 'fix' it.

Seems absurd.

Never questioned it before on the PC because that was a mouse and keyboard affair, but with motion it feels kinda awkward.

Associate
12 hours into XC2 and... It's fine. The story has me intrigued and the blades are kinda interesting. But as a whole game, it's fine without being great. Probably a 7/10 for me. Not as fun to play as XC on the 3DS.

Might sell my copy on and pick it up somewhere down the line if I get bored and need a new Switch game. For now, back to Skyrim I think.

Associate
If I hadn't already played Skyrim 5 years ago (and already own it on PC) then I'd probably be playing that instead of XC2 right now too.

12 hours with XC2 is probably not long enough to really get a feel of things though imo, depends what Chapter you're at I guess. I do think the game is better than the original in many ways, but can also see why people would prefer the original.

Soldato
Puzzle Platformer Black the Fall Coming to Switch Soon

Sand Sailor Studios and Square Enix Collective announced the puzzle platformer Black the Fall is coming to Nintendo Switch. It will launch in North America on December 14 and in "early January" in Europe.

View the Nintendo Switch trailer below:

Black the Fall is currently available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Soldato
12 hours with XC2 is probably not long enough to really get a feel of things though imo, depends what Chapter you're at I guess. I do think the game is better than the original in many ways, but can also see why people would prefer the original

I am around 22 hours in and on EP4 (not sure how far into this episode but I've been here for quite a while!) and I am totally hooked by Rex and Pyra's story so far. I love the visual style and how they've gone full on anime - the cut-scenes are pretty spectacular. The fights are absorbing even more now that I have - let's just say - other options :)

Back
Top Bottom