Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

So here I was thinking I'd not find an alternative to the expensive but still a relative bargain for what you get the Ford Mustang GT. But then someone mentioned the Jaguar F-type and I remember upon their release thinking what a gorgeous car, but thinking way too expensive. Then I drove a V8S some years ago and decided a convertible was not for me and that it was still just as bad as the XKR for trying to get the power down.

Fast forward and the F-type coupe came out and I was like, oh my stunning car. I then completely forgot about them.

At which point I was well into my second Mustang, sold and a third Mustang on order, but I then kind of got cold feet for a few reasons and started looking elsewhere at which point it was either this forum or the Mustang forum where the F-type was mentioned. All of a sudden an F Type R AWD was just within budget, as in budget I could go and buy, but then someone here mentioned ah man just finance it up, use a PCP with a balloon, an idea I've not considered previously. But in short my 50k budget turned into 80k and tomorrow I shall be collecting a carbon covered SVR very naughty edition F type. :D

IMG_7038.jpg

IMG_7112.jpg

IMG_7039.jpg

IMG_7118.jpg

I lost the first one I viewed, to slow to pull the trigger and someone else took it from under me, it was same colour but was missing some of the options this car has, namely the carbon roof. People here know how I am fond of carbon, having paid to have a carbon roof panel installed in my M3.

As such this was a hit with me, and I am trying to contain the excitement but something tells me tonight might be sleepless.

Oh and a picture of the entire car:

IMG_7111.jpg~original

The plan is to just drive and enjoy this one, in the short term my only plans are:
- Get calipers professionally sprayed yellow with SVR black logos
- A full professional paint restoration and sealant by Autobrite.

That is it, I am still not convinced by gloss black wheels, though in person they were nice and will probably work better once calipers are yellow.

In the long term if the gloss black is still not to my taste I shall have them painted in the Jaguar factory satin grey they also did the SVR wheels in.
As to modifications really nothing planned as the car is pretty sorted out the box, apart from a set of Michelin PS4S all round once the junk Pzero are worn out, which might take a while as they are a pretty fresh set on the car, fitted in February this year, so 7mm front and 6mm rear.

In short the plan is to enjoy and just make a lot of noise and boy does it make noise, it is insanely loud for a stock car and goes very well, but at near 600HP so it damn should. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Very nice, blows the Ford away. Hard to believe you would change your mind after the obsessive daily Mustang posts though lol.

Sgarrista
Commissario
SVR black logos

I'm claiming this stroke of genius as my input to the car :D Your calipers shall officially belong to kindai.

But seriously Gibbo, you know I've been drooling over this. Like you I always loved the f-types and was one of the options when I was shopping before getting the GTR.

You're gonna love it, and can't wait for you to take me out for a drive in it, and see what you can do at the meets!

OcUK Staff
OP
I'm claiming this stroke of genius as my input to the car :D

But seriously Gibbo, you know I've been drooling over this. Like you I always loved the f-types and was one of the options when I was shopping before getting the GTR.

You're gonna love it, and can't wait for you to take me out for a drive in it, and see what you can do at the meets!

I had completely forgotten about them, as I never see them, not even the regular ones up here they are a rare site. I am sure once I am in mine I will see at least 10 every day. :D

Yes thank you for that idea.

OcUK Staff
OP
Very nice, blows the Ford away. Hard to believe you would change your mind after the obsessive daily Mustang posts though lol.

True, but the F type was a car I'd just pretty much forgotten about, plus like an AMG GT in normal colours though still lovely things just don't really make me look, until looking recently and seeing they came in orange (ginger) and this blue at which point I was sold. :)

Associate
Dont know how I'd feel about spending £50k never mind £80k on a Jaguar F Type or a Mustang.

Granted I'm not likely to ever have that dilemma. One day I'll own a Porsche though.

Soldato
Great decision in my opinion.

I don't know whether it's the fact I've turned 40 or if Jaguar have upped their game, but I love their new cars. This from someone who has never seen any appeal in any Jaguar, including the E-Type, for most of their life.

Man of Honour
Well done mate, proper car that and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I know you have always loved the Stangs, but to me this is a different league out of the box, big step up and back into 911 levels of goodness. If I have time tomorrow (highly unlikely) I will pop over and have a nose, but I have to go collect an Amp from a fellow forum member around your neck of the woods over the weekend so will give you a shout and we can see if it's able to match the Polo....in 1st. Outside of that I will be gone, but first might be quite close.....well until the turbo comes in, then I'm gone.

Soldato
The old boss where i work had a F type coupe right when they were launched, it was a V8 but not sure on any other specs. Amazing looking and sounding thing, i'm sure this will be even more so and it's in a far nicer colour (his was in that weird orange so many marques seemed to go mad for in the last few years)

OcUK Staff
OP
The old boss where i work had a F type coupe right when they were launched, it was a V8 but not sure on any other specs. Amazing looking and sounding thing, i'm sure this will be even more so and it's in a far nicer colour (his was in that weird orange so many marques seemed to go mad for in the last few years)

That weird ginger orange was my second favourite colour. :D

Back
Top Bottom