Any truckers here know what these numbers are?

Associate
I'm trying to identify these numbers to see if I can trace the truck from a traffic collision incident. unfortunately the number plate is far too blurred to make out so hopefully these mean something!

77978XTL

1HWSalh.png

Anyone got any ideas?

Associate
Yes that number will be the trailer number. The tl stands for Tail lift.
Where was this btw? We use these sort of trailers at work but so do many others as they are generally hired trailers.
Looks like the unit is a Daf xf unit.

Would be worth trying hill hire/dawsons ect to see if they own it and who it is hired to

Caporegime
99% sure thats from Dawson Rentals, if not some other hire outfit for sure.

77978 will be the trailer number, at a guess, the XTL will refer to it being an extra long variant.

You need the CCTV of the registration number, I know from my time at Stobart that just a trailer number isn't enough to guarantee a trace.

Associate
OP
Hi all thanks for all the replies so far, I'll try uploading the video (I have the full thing) but I mean its really really hard to make out the number plate. Ive even had it in photoshop trying to sharpen it up but no luck!

Also FYI I believe this was somewhere in Wrexham

Caporegime
Hmm.. Something WLW ?

Doesn't look like WLW to me, more ELB/ELS?

numberplate.png

Caporegime
He clearly couldn’t be bothered to wait for the oncoming traffic to pass, had he done so he’d have had plenty of room, looks like he made no effort to swing the trailer around the car, in fact I doubt he was even looking in his mirrors judging by the lack of any reaction from him.

I can’t decipher the reg on my phone but might stand a better chance on my 42” screen at home....

Back
Top Bottom