What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Had to unlock my car by using the key in the door which sets the alarm off for the last few days. Neighbours must love me :D I'm assuming the battery has gone, although I have been able to operate the central locking with the key the odd time. Spare doesn't work at all so guessing that's flat and the previous owner started using the spare as the main key instead of changing batteries :rolleyes:

Caporegime
We have a similar issue on our VW. It seems to correlate with temperature. When it’s cold the central locking doesn’t work with the key fob, but it’s absolutely fine in summer. Presumably there’s some part in the remote central locking on the car that’s affected by the cold.

Soldato
If it's anything like my CLK, it'll be the antenna amplifier being affected by the cold weather. Why manufacturers insist on running the central locking through it is beyond me when it's a part so prone to failure. Funnily enough I've never had a problem with my Mondeo's or Focus' central locking in any weather.

Associate
Gave it a quick winter wash, was looking more black than liquid yellow beforehand :o

DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_0015.jpg

Associate
I think you missed the wheels... :p

:p

The wheels are going back to anthracite early next year when I get a set of AD08Rs to go on them. The previous owner had a yellow and black thing going on, i've already removed the black vinyl from the wing mirrors and the roof and ive got the oem roof decals in my garage ready to go back on. It'll look million times better back looking stock than I did when I bought it a few months back :)

Soldato
7 series looks very well, I love seeing an older car in that kind of condition, that will put many 3 year old cars to shame.

My car got an early xmas present

Was sick of all the stone chips and road rash on my front bumper so resprayed it, Then clayed and waxed the car, Also got some PS4S tyres for it.

Looks good. I am going to get this done to mine (respray front bumper). Out of interest for a ballpark figure how much did it cost and how long did it take? I guess you supplied the bare bumper to cut down the work required by the body shop.

Associate
Rear diff bushing is torn. So that might explain the low speed knocking on bumps! Utter pig of a job to change from looking at it, so I have a friend enlisted to hopefully make it less painful

Caporegime
Sounds largely familiar other than the 4wd, bet the GT4 has at least 20mm wider tires too

235 width. I almost lost it coming out of a junction although I was hammering it. Must remember to put my anti roll bar on the middle setting! That's my winter driving finished for now though. Washed and waxed and back in the garage. The noise of grit hitting the underside of my car just makes me wince!

Soldato
235 width. I almost lost it coming out of a junction although I was hammering it. Must remember to put my anti roll bar on the middle setting! That's my winter driving finished for now though. Washed and waxed and back in the garage. The noise of grit hitting the underside of my car just makes me wince!
undersealed I guess?

I'm not a huge fan of my AS3's on that note.. they're alright but my advan 105s seems to grip better over-all. AS3's are fine when cornering etc but pulling out of junctions/roundabouts it's way to easy to get the rear end out.

Back
Top Bottom