The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Caporegime
Good to know - think I'll reinstall it later... that's a great shout, I'd totally forgotten about the Vietnam expansion!
Another nice thing is the Vietnam add on is already installed, just enter the code and it unlocks the content - I’m surprised they didn’t give it away at some point, then again this is E.A. the company that often disowned its offsprings!

Caporegime
Pubg? aka hide in a building for 30 minutes simulator :D :p

Providing you can get around the lack of strafing then BC2 is still a great game.

BF4 is in my opinion currently the best FPS game you can buy.

Yeah no strafing and no prone doesn't bother me.

Had to reinstall bf 4 as it wasn't launching due to some directx error. Will definitely be playing more bf 4 again too especially since patsy and xin seem to be back on it too :cool:

Soldato
If that's your playstyle then ya it's boring but only pussies play like that. Hiding in buildings gets u killed most of the time.. trees rocks ridges are best.. grenades and Molly's and soon to be (maybe) gas grenades will stop building campers. Can't even remember last time I died to someone inside a building. It's a quality game where as in BF4 your looking at the minimap more then your crosshair.

New gun mechanics and reworked bullet drop/velocity and scopes are very nice and the new hitboxes.

New map is gonna be class aswell when it's released next month.

Mostly in squad games we do crate runs.. get 2 vehicles and chase every crate that drops usually all geared as **** by 3rd drop and few awesome gun fights while we do it. No buildings required. :)

Soldato
Pubg? aka hide in a building for 30 minutes simulator :D :p

Yeah no strafing and no prone doesn't bother me.

Had to reinstall bf 4 as it wasn't launching due to some directx error. Will definitely be playing more bf 4 again too especially since patsy and xin seem to be back on it too :cool:

I'm sure I'll be up for a few game of BF4 over the Christmas period. I'm not going back regularly though, there aren't enough servers (and just over half the number of players).
You should be able to find Pasty & Xin on Art's Discord..

Caporegime
Well seems like bf 4 still doesn't want to run....

I hit join, nothing happens, tried logging into battlelog and nothing either, site seems to be down :/

Tried going through bf 1 and when I hit join there, just goes back to desktop and doesn't launch.

EDIT:

Working now, had to uncheck administrator compatibility mode.

Last edited:
Caporegime
BUMP! :D

Better to post in here than that scrubfield 1 thread..... ;) :p

Some more feels that are coming back:

1. the deagle!!!!
2. being able to take on a whole squad with one clip!!!!
3. even the dusting on aircraft brings a smile to my face :D
4. getting rekt by some half decent stealth jet pilot when in the attack jet, then jump in the stealth jet and rekt him! :D

Soldato
I still play BF4 - miss stacking with you guys :)

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Really good fun that again, all we need in next BF game is BF4 gunplay mixed with Bf1/SWBF2 visuals, sound design and a few UI additions.

Soldato
BUMP! :D

Better to post in here than that scrubfield 1 thread..... ;) :p

Some more feels that are coming back:

1. the deagle!!!!
2. being able to take on a whole squad with one clip!!!!
3. even the dusting on aircraft brings a smile to my face :D
4. getting rekt by some half decent stealth jet pilot when in the attack jet, then jump in the stealth jet and rekt him! :D

Only noobs bump. :p

Soldato
I am the king of noobs!

Tbh, i'm a noob now, i'm not as good at FPS games as i was a few years ago.

Don't get me wrong, i can still hold my own if i'm in the mood, but that's the problem, i'm 30 years old now and sometimes i just can't be asked, however, i did enter a Lockers server once on Rush with a sniper rifle equipped with a 4x scope and wrecked havoc on attack, couldn't do that a few years ago.

Associate

Don't get me wrong, i can still hold my own if i'm in the mood, but that's the problem, i'm 30 years old now and sometimes i just can't be asked, however, i did enter a Lockers server once on Rush with a sniper rifle equipped with a 4x scope and wrecked havoc on attack, couldn't do that a few years ago.

What you on about? I'm 38 (39 in march) and still play a LOT of fps games, admittedly I'm not as good as when I was in my 20s but still have fun, your only a whipper snapper lol :D:D

Caporegime

BF 4 not like cod/bf 1 where you need quick reactions/twitch shots. More about the tactical play and positioning.

I went back on bf 1 there and nope......... that is me done with bf 1 for a good bit now, just can't deal with that rng + suppression and hold LMB FTW any more, going back to bf 4 has just made all the gameplay issues in bf 1 stand out even more.

Baffles me how anyone, especially DICE can go on bf 1 and think that the change from bf 4 gunplay was a good thing :/

People say the guns in bf 1 are better and more variety but at the end of the day, the majority of people use the same old guns:

- hellreigel
- automatico
- fedorva
- faq
- smile 3
- shotgun

At least with bf 4, you can use almost any weapon and still do good, yes the likes of the aek, ace 23 are godly but at the same time, there are plenty of other guns that are just as good and beat those in other areas i.e. scar h, ace 52/21, mp7 and so on.

Soldato
What you on about? I'm 38 (39 in march) and still play a LOT of fps games, admittedly I'm not as good as when I was in my 20s but still have fun, your only a whipper snapper lol :D:D

As i got older i played less and less games, so what i mean is that i'm out of practice as i've had other priorities the older i got, so currently i'm just you're average joe player.

I'm not saying i was awesome when i was playing regularly, just consistent with my performances.

I play mobile games more these days, it's rather sad considering my spec and i'm trying to find time to get back and play more often on my computer.

BF 4 not like cod/bf 1 where you need quick reactions/twitch shots. More about the tactical play and positioning.

I went back on bf 1 there and nope......... that is me done with bf 1 for a good bit now, just can't deal with that rng + suppression and hold LMB FTW any more, going back to bf 4 has just made all the gameplay issues in bf 1 stand out even more.

Baffles me how anyone, especially DICE can go on bf 1 and think that the change from bf 4 gunplay was a good thing :/

People say the guns in bf 1 are better and more variety but at the end of the day, the majority of people use the same old guns:

- hellreigel
- automatico
- fedorva
- faq
- smile 3
- shotgun

At least with bf 4, you can use almost any weapon and still do good, yes the likes of the aek, ace 23 are godly but at the same time, there are plenty of other guns that are just as good and beat those in other areas i.e. scar h, ace 52/21, mp7 and so on.

See above reply to syks on what i meant.

I agree with you regarding BF1, i played the game on Origin Access and dipped into the campaign and i liked it surprisingly, but the multiplayer, the gun play the whole atmosphere felt... wrong, it didn't feel like any of the previous Battlefields.

My highlight will always be BC2, wish they'd remaster the game and add strafing.

Back
Top Bottom