Christmas Vacation
Die Hard
Bad Santa
Eyes wide shut
Elf
Gremlins
The Ref
American Psycho

I never regarded Die Hard 1/2 as Christmas films even though they ended with 'let it snow'. Same with Home Alone 1/2, never saw those as Christmas film either. Same goes to Lethal Weapon. Frozen certainly ISN'T a Christmas film either!

For me, they would be:

The Snowman (the most obvious example)
Santa Claus
Gremlins
Muppet's Christmas Carol
Mickey's Christmas Carol
The Wrong Trousers (due to airing date)

I think Love-Actually is meant to be a Christmas film too, but the times I've seen have been at other parts of the year. My parents have played the DVD way too many times lol

Soldato
What does Cool Runnings have to do with christmas?
It has snow in it, you could ask the same question of American Psycho being mentioned surely?

The OP is asking what are your top Christmas films. Cool Runnings is one of mine, I watch it at Christmas, and it was on just now on BBC One.

Soldato
There's a few films I haven't seen for a while but Cool Runnings I have and it's got nothing to do with christmas. Is The Day After Tomorrow a christmas film? :confused:
I guess the question should then be rephrased and state "What are your favourite Christmas films that are set at Christmas, you can't state anything that you watch at Christmas, or is on Television at Christmas as that is breaking Shamikebab's code of conduct, and he will be most displeased".

Man of Honour
"Pawnless Endgame, post: 31454829, member: 24802"... certainly ISN'T a Christmas film either!

I think Love-Actually is meant to be a Christmas film too

Acts as if is an authority on which films are Christmas films. Says "I think Love Actually is meant to be a Christmas film" :p

My favourite are the ones I saw as a kid, most have been mentioned:

Mickey's Christmas Carol
The Snowman
Pink Panther: Pink Christmas
Really hits a note with me.

Caporegime
I guess the question should then be rephrased and state "What are your favourite Christmas films that are set at Christmas, you can't state anything that you watch at Christmas, or is on Television at Christmas as that is breaking Shamikebab's code of conduct, and he will be most displeased".

Well if we're including stuff that we have watched at christmas then it's just a "what is your favourite film" thread.

My favourite christmas film is Empire Strikes Back, all that snow!

Soldato
Well if we're including stuff that we have watched at christmas then it's just a "what is your favourite film" thread.

My favourite christmas film is Empire Strikes Back, all that snow!

Great, well I'm pleased for you mate. Wouldn't do it we all liked the same snow-based films now would it.

I'll add Everest to my list now you've made me think about it a bit more. :)

Soldato
NL Christmas Vacation probably the best out there, also merits a mention in the Films Older Than You Thought Thread. Scary on checking Wikipedia that most if not all of the actors & actresses playing the elderly parts have long since passed away.

"Jelly of the month club." Priceless.

Back
Top Bottom