Road Cycling

Soldato
Signed up for the 2018 Wiggle Tempest ride, decided on the 98 mile epic route so will find an extra 2 mile to round it up.
May decide to ride home from the event as it's only another 15 miles or so.

Using it as an incentive to get my ass back out there, been a really poor year cycling wise for me.
Motivation just hasn't been there to put the miles in & I've not even sat on the bike for nearly 4 weeks.

I can feel my fitness evaporating. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoying the Cube, getting used to it more and more. Looking forward to getting some decent miles in over the break. Picked up a dhb Merino long sleeve base layer recently which has helped, as has the spate of warmer temps recently. 10 degrees is a little more palatable than 2 :)

Hope everyone has a decent holiday period and enjoys their riding.

Soldato
Signed up for the 2018 Wiggle Tempest ride, decided on the 98 mile epic route so will find an extra 2 mile to round it up.
May decide to ride home from the event as it's only another 15 miles or so.

Using it as an incentive to get my ass back out there, been a really poor year cycling wise for me.
Motivation just hasn't been there to put the miles in & I've not even sat on the bike for nearly 4 weeks.

I can feel my fitness evaporating. :D
Nice one :)
I’ll take a look - when is it?

Caporegime
Any tricks for getting stickers off aluminium rims? My new single speed wheels (v sprint - very nice, but came with no rim tape, which I really don’t get) came with red stickers on which clash with the blue bike. Anything I need to know or is it just a case of careful peeling?

Soldato
Isn't the no rim tape so you can decide if you want tubeless / non tubeless? (Assuming they're tubeless 'ready')

Of course it would still be useful if they provided the non tubeless tape for the pennies it must cost!

Soldato
Pre Xmas club ride this morning - got totally covered in mud, much prefer Zwift indoors :p
https://www.strava.com/activities/1323961013

24375694877_785593a081_c.jpg

Soldato
haha yeh I know, I was cake it mud too. Can't be bothered to clean the bike, will only be the same after tomorrow's ride.

Wednesday they say!!! My god it better arrive then!

Then I'll be smashing out big miles everyday I hope, already have Netflix and Zwift set up. I've done my 8000 miles for the year, so these are just bonus, post christmas weight loss miles ;)

Soldato
Any tricks for getting stickers off aluminium rims? My new single speed wheels (v sprint - very nice, but came with no rim tape, which I really don’t get) came with red stickers on which clash with the blue bike. Anything I need to know or is it just a case of careful peeling?

Acetone (nail varnish remover) is brilliant for removing stickers and adhesive from surfaces, but it is strong stuff so take care. IPA (isopropyl alcohol) is another, which isn't as fierce.

Failing that, hairdryer!

Soldato
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you've all either got some great cycling related presents or carb loaded for the next 8 years from copious mince pie consumption!

I'm 301km into Festive 500 after a 107 mile ride on Christmas Eve, followed by some local punch ups with the wind on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Weather isn't looking too good but will be getting some miles in before and after work next few days to try to finish it off on Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom