*** OcUK Secret Santa UnWrap Thread 2017 ***

Man of Honour
Wow thank you @Rids for the gifts and the card - I really like them :D

The box was choc full of haribo, some of which I immediately ate, so this is not the full haribo stash! :o

RktJU0D.jpg

After opening the card the family dog spotted that Loki the kitten had her own present, so he kicked off and caused a ruckus.

9PsjqjA.jpg

Here’s the full stash - some whisky (which I will be hooning later), some beef jerky (which I will also be hooning later) and some Loki treats!

Sv9q3mn.jpg

Omnnomnomnom!!!!

gvgfdAT.jpg

Sniff sniff sniff!!!!

kyecX6O.jpg

Again, thanks @Rids - really appreciate and enjoyed the gifts :)

Soldato
Funny you got me after I got you last year @Nitefly and thank you so much for spoiling me. These gifts are fantastic! I love my new mug and the Amiga Compendium is a touch of brilliance :D. Intrigued by this game, I've never heard of it? Lego is the icing!! :) merry Christmas mate. Hope you have a great one.
G3s13vw.jpg
Xmjus9b.jpg
WUbDqC3.jpg
LJqqxjx.jpg
QjAVbse.jpg

Man of Honour
Thank you Hitman Leon for great prezzies. The kids and I are building the microscope later. What a cool thing! Thanks very much and Merry Christmas

DnntjNA.jpg

Cheers all and thanks Cainer

Soldato
At my mums for the holidays so won’t be able to post pictures until I get back.

Just want to say thank you to davido_labido for the amazing presents haul, some top notch detective work I am genuinely blown away.

Thank you so much.

Soldato
Thanks for my secret Santa gifts @Ahleckz

Great gifts and adding to my pop collection

nq64b

Man of Honour
@RoboCod ah I’m very glad you enjoyed them... and I hope you enjoy building that dino as much as I enjoyed the dragon. I was slightly disappointed the book came sealed as it looked pretty cool and I wanted a sneaky peak :p

Re: the game (“skull”) a very quick summary of the rules... just wrote this then realised its probably easier to just read the rulebook :o

Assuming there are four players (A, B, C and D).... but it can be up to 6 IIRC.

Each person gets four circular tablemats. Each of them had a plain side. As for the opposing side, three of them have flowers, one had a skull. You keep the cards ‘face down’ (so nobody else can see the flowers or the skulls). You also each get a square mat.

It’s a bluff game - player A starts by laying a circular mat face down on his square mat. You go round clockwise laying mats until it returns to player A. Player A can then chose to play another mat or ‘bet’ how many mats / cards he can turn over without revealing a skull. Players can then raise the bet or ‘fold’ (as they can in poker). The ‘highest bidder’ then turns over the number of circular cards equal to his bet, to try and turn over only flowers and no skull. He must turn over all of his cards first (so if he placed a skull, he’s stuffed!).

If he turns over a skull, he loses a mat at random (in secret - so nobody knows if that player lost his skull) If he successfully turns over cards without turning over a skull, he gets a point.

The first to TWO points wins. That’s it!

The only additional complexity is that if, say, all players place 2 mats each and player A wins the bid, player A must turn over all of his cards and then the top card only of player B, C or D. If the card he picks (say, the top card of player B) is not a skull, he continues but must then pick either the remaining card of player B or the top card only or player C or D. No going underneith stacks to pick mats at the bottom!

It’s hard not to overhype but the simplicity of the rules provides for quite complex strategy and pretty amusing gameplay. Reckless betting is encourages to prevent other players winning... and it’s funny always playing skulls just to be an ass :D

Soldato
The Amiga visual compendium wins the thread I'm afraid.

It really does
IZ71oKL.jpg
tzJxsR4.jpg
hTdZjAG.jpg
@RoboCod ah I’m very glad you enjoyed them... and I hope you enjoy building that dino as much as I enjoyed the dragon. I was slightly disappointed the book came sealed as it looked pretty cool and I wanted a sneaky peak :p

Re: the game (“skull”) a very quick summary of the rules... just wrote this then realised its probably easier to just read the rulebook :o

Assuming there are four players (A, B, C and D).... but it can be up to 6 IIRC.

Each person gets four circular tablemats. Each of them had a plain side. As for the opposing side, three of them have flowers, one had a skull. You keep the cards ‘face down’ (so nobody else can see the flowers or the skulls). You also each get a square mat.

It’s a bluff game - player A starts by laying a circular mat face down on his square mat. You go round clockwise laying mats until it returns to player A. Player A can then chose to play another mat or ‘bet’ how many mats / cards he can turn over without revealing a skull. Players can then raise the bet or ‘fold’ (as they can in poker). The ‘highest bidder’ then turns over the number of circular cards equal to his bet, to try and turn over only flowers and no skull. He must turn over all of his cards first (so if he placed a skull, he’s stuffed!).

If he turns over a skull, he loses a mat at random (in secret - so nobody knows if that player lost his skull) If he successfully turns over cards without turning over a skull, he gets a point.

The first to TWO points wins. That’s it!

The only additional complexity is that if, say, all players place 2 mats each and player A wins the bid, player A must turn over all of his cards and then the top card only of player B, C or D. If the card he picks (say, the top card of player B) is not a skull, he continues but must then pick either the remaining card of player B or the top card only or player C or D. No going underneith stacks to pick mats at the bottom!

It’s hard not to overhype but the simplicity of the rules provides for quite complex strategy and pretty amusing gameplay. Reckless betting is encourages to prevent other players winning... and it’s funny always playing skulls just to be an ass :D

Ah, I look forward to playing it!

And look what the gf got me after I opened your gifts :D lol
cpWomsQ.jpg

Soldato
We open presents after dinner, so will post pictures later whoever sent me!(I won’t check the list until present opened!)
Thanks for my secret Santa gifts @Ahleckz

Great gifts and adding to my pop collection

I hope you like it. I did some stalking, you posted about the malteasers on your Facebook, and you seem to drink terrible beer (Stella) so thought I’d try and expand your taste horizons :p) Let me know what you think to it!

Have a very merry Christmas to you and your family!

Hope your son enjoys Canada!

Don
bravo @Lakeland you've done well - what on earth do I do with the giant buttplug though?! There's something inside of it, and I have no idea how to get in it :D:D:eek:
BZ6z1Z5.jpg

ZGRa6Cb.jpg

9iHJvFb.jpg

the car cleaning will come in very handy - I like the screw driver set too!!! :) Thank you!!

Soldato
:D glad you likey! My parents saw the plug when they called by the other week and they thought it was a christmas tree, hence the reference to tinsel in my message ha! There are sweets inside which I 'inserted' mid print so you'd have to break it open to get to them.

You were hard to research but I did managed to find a few posts in the car cleaning thread which helped :p. Let's know what the KockChemie stuff is like as I may have to buy some for myself.

Back
Top Bottom