Acer Predator XB281HK HDCP Version

Associate
Hello all,

I hope you guys can shed some light on this monitor. It is a 4k monitor that I am looking into at the moment. However, it seems that most of the manufacturer like to keep the HDCP version of a monitor as a "trade secret". Although some of the will say "Yes. it has HDCP" but they not publishing the version number of it. (Not helpful). One of the requirements of playing any HD and/or UHD is HDCP and it sounds a bit silly of not telling the customer what version is it.

Anyway, back to the XB281HK, does it have HDCP? And what version is it?

Many thanks, and Happy New Year.

Associate
I don't believe it does - looks like it's display port 1.2 - DP 1.3 added support for HDCP 2.2.

HDCP 2.2 is also typically paired with HDMI 2.0 (though HDMI 2.0 doesn't require HDCP 2.2), this monitor is HDMI 1.4.

I also really dislike it that manufacturers omit such important info from product specs & manuals.

Associate
OP
I don't believe it does - looks like it's display port 1.2 - DP 1.3 added support for HDCP 2.2.

HDCP 2.2 is also typically paired with HDMI 2.0 (though HDMI 2.0 doesn't require HDCP 2.2), this monitor is HDMI 1.4.

I also really dislike it that manufacturers omit such important info from product specs & manuals.

Same here, ages ago, I had a NEC "Full HD" monitor and it cannot play BluRay. To be honest, I bought that monitor before BluRay became popular. After that, I changed the monitor to what I've got at the moment. I made sure that it has a HDCP chip in this monitor while buying it (Trust me, the search for a HDCP monitor wasn't easy either). I kind of knew that this is going to be a difficult one when I am planning on searching for a 4K monitor.

Why is it so difficult to list the HDCP version? Very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom