• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Looking for i7-3960X ot i7-3970X Processor

Permabanned
You should be able to get to ~4.5Ghz with not too much effort. This was one of the best tutorials I came across which covers the basics and more. Put together by an Asus engineer.

Permabanned
After playing around with the settings Overclocking went all good. However my system goes fully off and getting an CPU temperature error.

With it now on, core 1 is like max value 43c out max to 59c
I know it has been a little while but did you get it stable in the end? 59c is fine under full load but I suspect you might be referring to idlling temps, in which case it is high.

What are your maximum volts? What did you overclock to? What cooling do you have? If you can answer these then someone can aid you better if you still require advice.

Soldato
I got a 3960x from members market at a very good price a few months ago. Clocked at 4.8ghz with 32gb ddr3 at a bargain price couldn't be happier. It chews through everything with ease.

Not planning to upgrade until prices become reasonable. I'm not paying for some execs massive bonus. If they don't oh well my computer is fine and console gaming is always there...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom