What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Got the wheels swapped over and gave her a top up of oil. Must have looked a bit odd just dumping a whole litre into it without bothering to check the level but its because she conveniently tells you when you need to add exactly that

Man of Honour
Looks good. I am going to get this done to mine (respray front bumper). Out of interest for a ballpark figure how much did it cost and how long did it take? I guess you supplied the bare bumper to cut down the work required by the body shop.

Sorry only just seen your message, that's correct i gave them a bare bumper, was £150 cash in hand, i prefer places who bake in oven after lacqured

Soldato
Got the wheels swapped over and gave her a top up of oil. Must have looked a bit odd just dumping a whole litre into it without bothering to check the level but its because she conveniently tells you when you need to add exactly that

What car? That's a handy feature for cars with engines that drink like that. I remember my old 1.8 Mondeo drank oil (old worn seals I guess) and having to constantly check it and top up was annoying.

Soldato
What car? That's a handy feature for cars with engines that drink like that. I remember my old 1.8 Mondeo drank oil (old worn seals I guess) and having to constantly check it and top up was annoying.

e90 325i, iirc the manual says anything less than 1l every 750 miles or something is "normal" usage. first time i've owned an oil drinker but as long as its more engine design than engine wear i'm cool with it.

Soldato
e90 325i, iirc the manual says anything less than 1l every 750 miles or something is "normal" usage. first time i've owned an oil drinker but as long as its more engine design than engine wear i'm cool with it.

Everyone knows that if your car is using a litre every 750 miles - something is definitely wrong. I can only presume manufacturers put this in their booklets to prevent against warranty claims as most complaints around excessive oil consumption will normally end up in a new engine being fitted.

How much is yours using?

Last edited:
Soldato
Everyone knows that if your car is using a litre every 750 miles - something is definitely wrong. I can only manufacturers put this in their booklets to prevent against warranty claims as most complaints around excessive oil consumption will normally end up in a new engine being fitted.

How much is yours using?

about 1l in 5000, which is about double what any previous car i've had used :D

Soldato
Took it in for a service as the previous owner thought it was due one, as I was pulling into the garage I noticed a sticker at the top left of the windscreen saying it had been done 5000km ago :rolleyes: . Oh well, another one won’t do any harm I guess.

Soldato
Finally had some time to investigate the EML on the Scoob. It seemed to be the low signal side of the knock sensor, so between it and the engine. Tried cleaning both surfaces but the fault code kept coming back. I'd ordered a new sensor just in case, so that was replaced and the EML (so far) hasn't come back.

Also cleaned out the bonnet catch as it's been a bit of a pain to close recently, it'd latch but not lock. It was pretty disgusting inside. Did as good a job as I could with the fading light but it seems to be working great now.

Soldato
Drove it from Lancing to Brighton (where i was finishing breaking it) with no exhaust, blue smoke coming up through the floor, with the roof down so i could breathe... :eek:

Was also driving on E30 bottlecaps, and the lights werent screwed in...

i was so happy not to get pulled over! :p

Sounds like an episode of roadkill, only british :D

Soldato
I've done nothing to my car but didn't want to start a new thread with this question.

My sister has paid off 50% or more of her PCP agreement with Fiat on her car and wants to send it back. Fiat have contacted her, as below, and the letter alludes to a potential negative impact of doing so, in that it may affect future credit applications.

I've sent one car back after paying 50% in the past, it was my partners car and I'm pretty confident this didn't bother her credit file (not that I ever saw it).

Has anyone here done this?

We're looking into selling the car privately but, going on AutoTrader, it looks as though the car is in negative equity.

Thanks for any help.

wFEQrAxh.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom