• Yes - 38mm non cellular

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Yes - 42mm non cellular

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 71 40.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Had a Series 3 42mm for a week now - tbf its the best smart watch I ever had - the battery life is INSANE - 3 days iv had out of it - that's all day use and used at night as a sleep tracker, got to 9% this morning so on charge now - fair play apple, fair play.

Soldato
Vitality Health users - have you had issues using the app to record steps and get your points? I've just downloaded the Vitality app in preparation for the Watch arriving this morning, only to see it rated 1 star and a ton of complaints about the app not syncing properly. I don't want to get it if it won't even record the points!

Soldato
Vitality Health users - have you had issues using the app to record steps and get your points? I've just downloaded the Vitality app in preparation for the Watch arriving this morning, only to see it rated 1 star and a ton of complaints about the app not syncing properly. I don't want to get it if it won't even record the points!

I've never had an issue with steps not being recorded, but it's an absolute pain in the balls to get the app to update your points in real time. There's generally a 48 hour lag between completing steps or a workout and them showing up in the app unless you repeatedly refresh then force quit the app.

Soldato
Think i know the answer to this but is there a way to set Theatre mode to come on during set periods. A bit like the nightlight function on the iphone.

I try and remember to set it before going to sleep but often forget, causing me to be woken in the night by a big bright light. Or worse, my wife to be disturbed by it.

Soldato
I bought a 42mm Watch 3 when I was out in the US a few months ago. Cost $380 (£290) plus a couple of straps for $48 (£36) each. I hadn’t worn a watch for years but this has got me back into it. It’s nice not to have to pull my phone out to check the time, messages etc. I also get notifications instantly without missing them as the phone’s in my pocket and I missed the vibration. It also gives me lots of information about health and activity.

Associate
What use would the Apple Watch 3 GPS be, without an iPhone?
I have a Note 4, which I love, and have no interest in parting with while it works.
But looking at Smart watches and fitness trackers (heart rate monitor, swimming, hiking and cycling) the Apple Watch keeps coming out as the most expensive but best for my needs (small, capable and good battery.)

I am aware that Android phones can't be paired with the Apple Watch, but would it function for my needs as a slightly stunted fitness tracker, stylish watch, music player without been paired to an iPhone?

Is there any Apple Watch users in this situation?
At some point, I'll consider upgrading to the new iPhone x2 when its released.
Thank you for any feedback.

Soldato
What use would the Apple Watch 3 GPS be, without an iPhone?
I have a Note 4, which I love, and have no interest in parting with while it works.
But looking at Smart watches and fitness trackers (heart rate monitor, swimming, hiking and cycling) the Apple Watch keeps coming out as the most expensive but best for my needs (small, capable and good battery.)

I am aware that Android phones can't be paired with the Apple Watch, but would it function for my needs as a slightly stunted fitness tracker, stylish watch, music player without been paired to an iPhone?

Is there any Apple Watch users in this situation?
At some point, I'll consider upgrading to the new iPhone x2 when its released.
Thank you for any feedback.

Don't bother, no notifications, no phone functions, no music, fitness tracking is useless without an iPhone, no 3rd party apps. Basically useless without an iPhone, save your money. From memory you need an iPhone to set it up.

If you want something now buy a fit-bit (blaze?) or android ware.

The watch also isn't stylish IMO, you can get a really stylish proper watch for £380. That's coming from someone that wears one.

just got a s3 42mm, anyone recommend insurance for my watch? inc accidential damage

thanks all

Not covered on your house insurance?

Associate
Don't bother, no notifications, no phone functions, no music, fitness tracking is useless without an iPhone, no 3rd party apps. Basically useless without an iPhone, save your money. From memory you need an iPhone to set it up.

If you want something now buy a fit-bit (blaze?) or android ware.

The watch also isn't stylish IMO, you can get a really stylish proper watch for £380. That's coming from someone that wears one.

Not covered on your house insurance?

Thank you for the feedback.
Well that isn't ideal, and just goes to show how little I know about the Android Wear range, so I appreciate the suggestion
Kinda like the Fossil Gen3 Q Wander Black.
Shame there is only two wrist bands available, but it meets all my needs. Will look at it in a couple of days time in store.

As for the Apple Watch, still love it.
So in the future, when my Galaxy Note4 dies, I'll consider moving back to Apple iPhone + Apple Watch pair.
Thank you very much b0rn2sk8

Soldato
I prefer traditional mechanical watches.

I am with you on this my watch collection at one point would have put a deposit on a house in the suburbs of London but having had the Apple Watch for only a day I do quite like it so far. I dont know if I will stick to it yet but so far im happy.

Soldato
Picked up a s3 on New Year's Day.

Photo%2002-01-2018%2C%2020%2009%2054.jpg

Very happy so far!

Back
Top Bottom