Retro console and games thread

Soldato
@Bailey , same units I use for my living room setup...

IMG_20171211_221500.jpg

Other consoles and games in the spare room...

IMG_20171211_221805.jpg

IMG_20171211_221746.jpg

OcUK Staff
Wow thats an awesome setup too Tee Hee :)

I didnt showcase my games much on my post, I do have quite a large collection of games too but not as many on the DC as you. Very Jealous

Bailey

Soldato
I should stop looking at this thread as it makes me want to start buying bits and bobs again but I can't with Xmas on the way :D I do keep an eye out for gamecube related bargains every few days but it's rare anything pops up!

For Xmas my brothers jointly bought me a Dreamcast :). It came with 2 controllers, 2 VMUs and 5 games (SegaRally, ECW, Sonic Adventure, Hidden and Dangerous and Metropolitan Street Racer).
I bought two new rumble packs from Ebay for a tenner and an RGB Scart cable (RF looks horrific). I have also ordered a Dreamshell which has not arrived yet, nor can I discuss it on these forums.
I have regretted trading my Dreamcast in at EB in 2002 for an Xbox. I think I got a little over a fiver each for Shenmue 1 and 2!

Any recommendations for cheap yet good Dreamcast games?

On a slightly different subject, I used yesterday's 20% off offer on Ebay to order a Mega Everdrive x5 :).

Soldato
For Xmas my brothers jointly bought me a Dreamcast :). It came with 2 controllers, 2 VMUs and 5 games (SegaRally, ECW, Sonic Adventure, Hidden and Dangerous and Metropolitan Street Racer).
I bought two new rumble packs from Ebay for a tenner and an RGB Scart cable (RF looks horrific). I have also ordered a Dreamshell which has not arrived yet, nor can I discuss it on these forums.
I have regretted trading my Dreamcast in at EB in 2002 for an Xbox. I think I got a little over a fiver each for Shenmue 1 and 2!

Any recommendations for cheap yet good Dreamcast games?

On a slightly different subject, I used yesterday's 20% off offer on Ebay to order a Mega Everdrive x5 :).

I hear virtual tennis is essential! I remember loving it too.

Original Soul Calibur for sure. Perfect fighting game. I really want to boost my DC collection this year

What is a dreamshell?

Associate
Lovely pics there. Looking into similar shelving at the moment for my setup now that I have all my consoles bought again (The regret of trading them in years ago is strong :( )

Soldato
Hi all

Apologies if this isn’t in the spirit of the thread, if so happy to remove.

I have a loft full of stuff I collected about 15 years ago, mainly computers but some consoles. I’m looking to get rid with the help of my SIL who has the time and patience that I do not! I’m concerned about using ebay due to all the horror stories - are there any other reputable sites or dealers anyone could recommend? Lots of boxed 80s kit. This is not supposed to be a sales pitch but to give you an idea of the inventory if that’s relevant.

Many thanks in advance!

Associate
Hooked up an old crt I found couple weeks ago dumped outside someone's house, I knocked on the door to see if it was ok to take the guy said it was but it had been out a few days (after heavy snow) so left it a week before turning on and it works perfectly, can't believe the difference when playing retro games on a crt look so much better.
20171230_144719.jpg

received_10214752211578903.jpg

Soldato
Hi all

Apologies if this isn’t in the spirit of the thread, if so happy to remove.

I have a loft full of stuff I collected about 15 years ago, mainly computers but some consoles. I’m looking to get rid with the help of my SIL who has the time and patience that I do not! I’m concerned about using ebay due to all the horror stories - are there any other reputable sites or dealers anyone could recommend? Lots of boxed 80s kit. This is not supposed to be a sales pitch but to give you an idea of the inventory if that’s relevant.

Many thanks in advance!

Just use ebay, I use it for all sorts all year round and nver had a problem. Going to list some games myself a few weeks into the new year :)

Back
Top Bottom