Do any of your 'IRL' friends know you post here?

Soldato
I go out of my way to ensure that nobody I know IRL knows I post here. The reason being I feel it would make me more accountable for what I post and limit my discussions. I also don't know how my friends would feel knowing I regularly suggest pooing through another's letterbox as a solution to most problems.

However, I did once ask a question here, which I also asked a friend, who then Googled said problem and realised I was a member of these forums but that's about it.

Am I being peculiar?

Soldato
A couple of ex colleagues post here (one sat behind me and found out I posted here). A good mate of mine I've known for about 25 years posts here and I'm also friends with a few others I've met over the years and we go out for beers regularly in town.

Man of Honour
Don't think any of my friends know or care aside from 1-2 from a gaming perspective that I also know IRL for one reason or another.

Some of my family know and/or have accounts here though don't think they've posted here in years. Some people I work or have worked with as well though not sure how many can associate me IRL and username - there are two regular posters here I've worked with IRL.

Soldato
I knew some OcUK people once....
many years ago now, seems a lifetime since I've either interacted here or indeed in the scene with which we met.

Soldato
Yeah a few colleagues are members as well. I just assume that when you post something on a public Internet forum that you should probably ask yourself if you'd be happy for anyone to see that post.

Soldato
Forums are socially unacceptable, don't you know?! :D

Yeah, you get far better discussion in here than any other social media alternative. People that post about political opinions and have like 2 people chipping in with an opinion, literally, what is the point. "oh good, well we solved that, didn't we."

Back
Top Bottom