Associate
Anybody currently using a U11+? Received mine last week and its been great apart from the battery life which has been horrible. I get mobile network standby drain which is just chewing through my battery. Even happens on WIFI

Users who imported the Taiwan model don't seem to have this problem as far as I can tell (Taiwan forums, XDA). Does anyone have a UK/Europe U11+ and can describe their battery life? I'm on EE. No network features work either which is a bummer

Associate
I have the uk htc u11 4gb ram 64 gb storage not u11+

26116173_10156036721337375_3995206883462167582_o.jpg

26172009_10156036725647375_4639403642536499160_o.jpg

It has done 1 day from 100% battery charge.

Yea 1 day mostly on standby mode.

I can do 4-5 maybe 6 hours of always on screen time then i have to recharge the battery.

Last edited:
Soldato
UK U11+ on Three here. How the battery statistics currently sit:
  • 20% charge
  • 2d 1h 54m since last charge
  • 5h 55m screen-on time
Genuine 2.5 day phone for me. That said, the two gripes at the minute are the lack of latest security patch and lack of VoLTE. Otherwise excellent.

Associate
OP
UK U11+ on Three here. How the battery statistics currently sit:
  • 20% charge
  • 2d 1h 54m since last charge
  • 5h 55m screen-on time
Genuine 2.5 day phone for me. That said, the two gripes at the minute are the lack of latest security patch and lack of VoLTE. Otherwise excellent.

is this on Wifi or 4g?

Associate
OP
Combination of both, but primarily Wi-Fi. Also a mixture of around 30 minutes of Waze in there too.

In short, the battery life is, for me at least with my usage, absolutely fantastic.
That's really good. Next time you do a full cycle is it possible for you to report what your Mobile Network Standby drain is?

A few of us over on XDA seem to be getting average battery life and it seems to be tied to the mobile radio draining above normal levels of battery life

Soldato
25% from the previous statistics I gave you.

I've just had a peak at the thread. What applications/launchers/widgets are you using that could be culprits? I'm using a fairly barebones configuration (Nova Launcher) with the only app actively using location services being Google.

Associate
OP
25% from the previous statistics I gave you.

I've just had a peak at the thread. What applications/launchers/widgets are you using that could be culprits? I'm using a fairly barebones configuration (Nova Launcher) with the only app actively using location services being Google.

Well I was getting the drain even with mobile data turned off and no sim card inserted lol so something was wrong. With or without Wi-Fi our network drain was roughly 35-45%. Did a factory reset and so far things seem more stable. On course for 40 hours standby with 6 hours SOT which isn't bad but this is solely on Wi-Fi.

Curious to see how things will be when only using 4g. I don't think it's a specific app simply because I also have a Mate 10 Pro (trying to decide what to keep out of the U11+ or 10 Pro) and with the same apps and widgets, I got 8 hours SOT over nearly 42 hours standby and that was all on 4g, so something tells me there is a bug in the software for some of us.

Those of us with 4g battery life problems are struggling to hit 5 hours SOT over 24 hours. My standard U11 did slightly better than that with a 3000 mAh battery lol. Hoping HTC release an update to sort it out and add at least VOLTE to EE

Soldato
I've got the UK U11+ (6gb / 128gb) and it's been pretty damn good so far - first full charge got me 2 days 15 hours with nearly 5.5 hours screen on time and it still had 15% left at that point!

So far it's easily lasting two days a charge with my normal usage which is mainly on cellular (Vodafone 4G) with little WiFi!

Love it! :D:cool:

Soldato
@Mylestheone How are you finding the Mate 10 Pro in terms of software? Little in it in terms of hardware so the software was the make or break point for me (that and the IPS display in the U11+).

Wish I could provide further assistance with the battery issues!

Associate
OP
@Mylestheone How are you finding the Mate 10 Pro in terms of software? Little in it in terms of hardware so the software was the make or break point for me (that and the IPS display in the U11+).

Wish I could provide further assistance with the battery issues!

To be honest the software is a mess lol. UK unlocked handsets are stuck on a firmware that still has lots of bugs. An OTA is rolling out that fixes a lot of the issues but instead of doing it simply by region, Huawei decided to do it by IMEI number instead so some UK users have it already and others must wait. One big difference between the two is that the U11+ has no carrier features whilst the Mate 10 Pro does.

The firmware is also available if you plan to spend £20 odd on FunkyHuawei which is a nope from me lol.

Soldato
Any updates with the HTC U11+ with regards to battery life?

Looking to get this or back to the 128GB HTC U11 which I really enjoyed.
For reference I (and many others) have had no problems whatsoever. Best battery life I've ever had from a phone (see previous post, of course extrapolating for mobile network battery usage).

Soldato
For reference I (and many others) have had no problems whatsoever. Best battery life I've ever had from a phone (see previous post, of course extrapolating for mobile network battery usage).

Thanks Mate that's helpful. I'm getting woeful battery life on the Huawei Mate 10 and I'm tired of its really buggy software. It was a choice of going back to the U11 or getting the HTC U11+

Can I ask did you buy from HTC direct or import your HTC U11+ as there's differing reports of battery life from those who bought from HTC direct and others who imported their devices from various retailers.

Associate
To be honest the software is a mess lol. UK unlocked handsets are stuck on a firmware that still has lots of bugs. An OTA is rolling out that fixes a lot of the issues but instead of doing it simply by region, Huawei decided to do it by IMEI number instead so some UK users have it already and others must wait. One big difference between the two is that the U11+ has no carrier features whilst the Mate 10 Pro does.

The firmware is also available if you plan to spend £20 odd on FunkyHuawei which is a nope from me lol.

Or you could use Firmware Finder which is free? I'm on the latest update and I've never touched Funky Huawei.

Associate
OP
Any updates with the HTC U11+ with regards to battery life?

Looking to get this or back to the 128GB HTC U11 which I really enjoyed.

My battery life has finally started to perform really well. It did take a few cycles and even a factory reset before things settled down. Mobile network "appears" as a high drain still but this time it's clearly just a reporting error in my opinion as I'm starting to get battery life which matched the Mate 10 Pro I had (and that had one of the best batteries I've ever used).

Thanks Mate that's helpful. I'm getting woeful battery life on the Huawei Mate 10 and I'm tired of its really buggy software. It was a choice of going back to the U11 or getting the HTC U11+

Can I ask did you buy from HTC direct or import your HTC U11+ as there's differing reports of battery life from those who bought from HTC direct and others who imported their devices from various retailers.

Personally bought mine direct from HTC. Something that Taiwan and HK devices have that's a bit different is a newer update that I recall a lot of Taiwan users saying improved standby a lot. The screen is also apparently brighter after this update but it hasn't hit EU yet. However, minimum brightness has also taken a hit. No one has verified these statements though, I'll measure peak brightness when the update eventually hits UK models

Or you could use Firmware Finder which is free? I'm on the latest update and I've never touched Funky Huawei.

The UK firmware for C782 models wasn't on Firmware Finder at the time and there is no way I was going to rebrand and unlock the bootloader on a device I wasn't sure I'd be keeping. Have sent it back now already mind. The experience with that phone left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth

Soldato

Shame with the Mate 10 (Pro) seeing as on paper it's a great device. I wasn't convinced that Huawei was capable of getting the software right, though they are the only manufacturer (bar Google) implementing Treble on older devices. As usual, reviews fail to portray the actual ownership experience in any way.

Like Mylestheone, my device was also purchased directly from HTC during the Black Friday sale.

Back
Top Bottom