Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
This is currently what we call 'TV Corner'. The sofa is pretty much in front of the TV, so the picture was taken from the viewing position.

f6istQQh.jpg

TV: LG OLED55B7
AV Receiver: Marantz NR1607
Speakers: Roth OLi RA1 and matching centre, along with a Wharfedale SW150

There's a Sky Q box next to the receiver, and behind the grey cupboard door is a small ITX PC come 'server'.

Caporegime
Some really lovely setups in here.

Hopefully moving this year to somewhere more permenant. Then its time for a hi-fi revamp. Although as demonstrated this morning I will need to move to in wall speakers due to my cats. One of the floorstanders fell over after a cat used it as a springboard! Glad they're around 15 years old now! :o

Soldato
Just finishing re-decorating the main living room and updated the AV gear, Marantz NR1607 amp (had to find something that fitted the AV cabinet) and Q Acoustics 7000i speakers. Xbox One providing all content and looking to replace the ageing LG plasma soonish with something 4k and all the other bells and whistles.

Lounge02.jp

Hi, do you have a link for where you bought the tv stand/unit? Looks really smart and just what I'm after.

Associate
Thought it was time to upgrade my home system, been using an old Yamaha RX-V430 for some years now which was just pumping out 5.1, always sounded good to me, however it lacks any modern features that i was looking for, so updated to a Denon AVR-X2400H, much happier :)

Denon_AVR-X2400H.jpg

Sorry for the cruddy picture, needed to keep things in the same corner (alcove) as all the wires are buried in the wall as i have a 51" Samsung PS51E8000 that is wall mounted, so needed to keep things simple.

Also picked up a Kenwood GE89 (Spectrum Analyzer) as wanted one of these so that when Amazon's Alexa speaks she has a visual response as well as audible, its not going to set the wold on fire for looks, but its clean are fairly mark free for its age, so for £35 off the bay i couldn't resist, it does the job for what i wanted it to do.

The Denon AVR-X2400H powers the same speakers that i had before which are Wharfedale Diamond 5.1 speakers, they are speakers that fit well into the room as it stands, pack a decent enough punch for me (the neighbors love them i know) , when funds allow i will either replace or probably just add Atmos speakers to the existing setup.

Only thing that is annoying me is the VirginMedia v6 TiVo System wont play well with the Denon (i see people complaining online about this, didnt know before), think its an issue with my existing Samsung PS51E8000 only accepting 1.4 HDCP where as the v6 sends 2.2 HDCP, so this is a little annoying, my goal to have everything controlled is snookered unless i buy a new Tellie and that isnt going to be an option just yet, i have one of them HDCP converters from China that cost me £45 (thanks HM Customs) but for the life of me cannot get it working, so will attempt it another day :)

Back
Top Bottom