YouTube star Logan Paul uploads a monetised video of a suicide victim to "raise awareness"

Soldato
Sorry if this has already been said, I may have missed it, but seeing snippets of the video (no shots of the body) am I the only person that thinks this whole thing is a fake, and that its been staged, and isn't in fact a dead body??

It doesn't make it any better at all and I think the whole thing is a utterly disgusting BUT surely not even Logan Paul wouldn't react the way he did in the video if it was a real human body???

His utterly abysmal attempt at an apology in which he tried to deflect all blame made no mention of it being staged. He'd have come out with it in an instant if it was.

Soldato
His utterly abysmal attempt at an apology in which he tried to deflect all blame made no mention of it being staged. He'd have come out with it in an instant if it was.
Not if in his twisted mind this is still a massive publicity hype thing, and he comes out in a few weeks and says "look how many people were made aware".... I can just see that happening.

Man of Honour
Just watched the video. Think you have to be a special kind of stupid to upload that, with that title, etc...

7 million views and a lot of comments. On a monetised video. It's impossible to say how much money he made from that video, but he definitely made some money. Probably at least a few thousand. The title would definitely have increased the number of views. So it's not him who's being a special kind of stupid. He's making money for nothing because other people are being a special kind of stupid.

Soldato
I'm guessing if all the videos concerned are monetized and he doesn't lose any sponsorship over the whole thing it could net him up to £100k over the next few weeks due to added subscribers and merchandise sales that's probably a high estimate. He will have lost a few subs but will profit overall especially as pewdiepie has got involved.

Soldato
7 million views and a lot of comments. On a monetised video. It's impossible to say how much money he made from that video, but he definitely made some money. Probably at least a few thousand. The title would definitely have increased the number of views. So it's not him who's being a special kind of stupid. He's making money for nothing because other people are being a special kind of stupid.
He will have made £0 from that video, there's no chance in hell that got through Youtube's checks to allow it be monetised.

EDIT: Accidentally quoted you Ayahuasca.

Associate
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, considering most of his viewers are preteens they'll have had a shock with this. His apology is the standard but I shouldn't have to, it wasn't my fault most people put out these days.
Nah, their fans just "dab on the haters".

Man of Honour
He will have made £0 from that video, there's no chance in hell that got through Youtube's checks to allow it be monetised.

EDIT: Accidentally quoted you Ayahuasca.

Youtube's "checks" are nonsense bots, so there's no way to know what will or won't be demonitised. I was referring to the kissing video, not the suicide one. I should have made that clearer.

Soldato
Its not that simple at all. People rarely know that someone is suicidal, otherwise there would be far less suicides as they could get them the help they needed.

Right. Yes. But tell me the mechanics of how a YouTube video advertising suicide will inform Dave that his brother John is thinking about suicide?

If you could explain the mechanics here it would help me understand that there is a point of suicide advertisements involving random people they dont know.

You really do have no idea what you're talking about.

Right, i dont know what im talking about, but you dont even know how to talk. Perhaps you could do some talking and explain the mechanics of how a videos and news reports that sooo many people are committing suicides, actually helps someone who is thinking of topping themselves.

Soldato
Thinking about this even further, I've decided that the least I can do is give to a suicide prevention charity rather than get wrapped up in the outrage.

Does anyone here recommend a platform to contribute to?

Papyrus seems to be the first link to pop up on Google but I'm not convinced that's always the best route.

Associate
Guys a chump. Sad thing is that my 11 year old niece and her friends all like him and buy his merchandise.

Other thing that concerns me is how come they didn`t run over and get the guy down.

True story btw. Last year I saw a guy hanging from a tree and cut him down with my penknife.

Looked a gonner on the deck but once I cleared his airway of bile, guess fresh air got in there and

his chest rose. He lived.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm surprised it took this long for him to cause a public stir....

I don't watch his videos but have seen some of his antics on other YouTube channels, I honestly believe people like Logan and his brother are to some degree responsible for the stupification of our youth. How any parent can knowingly allow their kids to watch that stuff is beyond me.

My 8 year old son uses YouTube. No restrictions. he's pretty responsible and knows i check his computer. While peoole like DanTDM annoy the frick out of me, they definitely understand and tailor their content not only for kids but also to a level parents would be comfortable with for their kids....

Soldato
Right, i dont know what im talking about, but you dont even know how to talk.

tumblr_m7dvvsRAXB1rbszyro1_500.gif

Soldato
Not if in his twisted mind this is still a massive publicity hype thing, and he comes out in a few weeks and says "look how many people were made aware".... I can just see that happening.

You don't need to believe it to sell it.

And when some people think there's money to be made they will sell anything.

Soldato
Guys a chump. Sad thing is that my 11 year old niece and her friends all like him and buy his merchandise.

Other thing that concerns me is how come they didn`t run over and get the guy down.

True story btw. Last year I saw a guy hanging from a tree and cut him down with my penknife.

Looked a gonner on the deck but once I cleared his airway of bile, guess fresh air got in there and

his chest rose. He lived.

Grade A first post!

Caporegime
But what does he actually do? I watch a lot of YouTube but it's the likes of MKBHD or Linus reviewing the latest tech, movie reviews or political news analysis.

Does he just tell you about his day?

Associate
He's been flooding my Facebook for the past few days. Today I watched the video on ******** after reading comments about him being insensitive to the whole situation as well as uploading the video. Uploading it was a stupid idea regardless of the age of his fanbase. People were complaining that he was laughing about the whole situation but you can tell from the video that he is completely shocked and scared but trying to maintain his cool.

Soldato
Why would anyone now watch it ?
Maybe this adult Logan has learning difficulties, if so he deserves help, but otherwise, the limited amount of information the press disclosed said there was only one reason why he would be visiting this location - so no excuses.
plagiarizing the words off Lou Reed RIP "Stick a fork in his *** and turn him over, he's done"

Back
Top Bottom