Whats it worth? Civic Type S

Associate
Hi guys,

been on this forums a while but don't really post much, but I know motors is quite knowledgeable so thought I would ask the question here.

What would you think this car is worth:

Honda Civic Type S GT 09 plate (2009) 30,000 has factory fitted sat nav, panaromic roof. full honda dealer service history. 4 recently new tyres, MOT until July

Car is in very good condition interior wise and bodywork.

Soldato
Looks to be somewhere between £4-4.5k if it's petrol, up to a grand more if it's diesel. Based on asking prices anyway but the mileages are slightly higher than yours so probably balances off

Soldato
Autotrader, ebay and being sensible

I also sold a type R two years ago for less than you're suggesting a Diesel of the same age is worth (albeit mileage differences) so £6.5k feels awfully ambitious.

Edit - wbac around £4k for it (if petrol) so closer to £5k could be achievable privately

Associate
OP
Sorry guys should have said, this is the 2.2 diesel version. Wbac offer 3855. Auto trader offer 5250 was just wondering what you would think its worth or would pay for it?

Soldato
The autotrader valuations aren't normally too bad tbh, assume you're selling it privately? If so around a grand more than wbac feels sensible enough. You're never going to command the kind of money a trader can.

Depending what else there is within 50 miles or so of you I'd advertise somewhere near £5.5k and see how you go. People are still majorly hung up on mileage so it should be an easy sell if you price it sensibly

Soldato
At this price bracket on this model with the low mileage and fsh which appeals very strongly to certain buyers you could see anywhere between 4.5k-6.5k really.

I reckon you will end up near the lower end on a private sale but the right buyer could easily pay 5.5k plus quite happily.

Soldato
havent seen an S, but with 4k-8k more miles and being on a 2007 plate i have seen 3dr type R gt models from £6500 which was of only a few results as i didnt specify a location on autotrader and the type S was never as desirable even if offering 5dr, so probably no more than 5k value for the S to be sold at.

Back
Top Bottom