They are Billions - RTS meets Zombie Hordes !

Associate
It's very addictive, like some have said you could easily get into a 90 day (in game time) with a 4 hour session, i feel its very rewarding building a solid base and the satisfaction of barely holding a horde attack, i think i heard it might be getting a campaign later which would be another great feature

Soldato
Been playing this for a few days now. If I can give anyone any advice it's Sniper balls.... I am currently roaming around with a ball of around 24 snipers and it is hilarious. It does trivialise some of the game however. I will look at adding some screenshots of my current setup and game tonight If I get time

Soldato
Gah im so on the fence about this. Watched a tonne of streams and a couple of mates have been banging on about this and yet im still on the fence. Been temtped to buy it for the last week.

Soldato
OP
Gah im so on the fence about this. Watched a tonne of streams and a couple of mates have been banging on about this and yet im still on the fence. Been temtped to buy it for the last week.

What's stopping you ? You can buy it on steam and take advantage of the refund policy ie play it for under two hours, decide if it's worth keeping or get a full refund - win win !!

Soldato
Was watching someone play this the other day on twitch.

Essentially an open map tower defence game, you know you're going to face attrition attacks by vast numbers and you have to plan how to whittle things down.

Not a bad thing, tower defence has long been popular and this mashes it up with RTS.

I'm tempted.

Soldato
Was watching someone play this the other day on twitch.

Essentially an open map tower defence game, you know you're going to face attrition attacks by vast numbers and you have to plan how to whittle things down.

Not a bad thing, tower defence has long been popular and this mashes it up with RTS.

I'm tempted.
It’s so bloody good!

Just spent a great 2 hours slowly building a base and doing it right this time! Saved my game at Day 32 which is a first for me!

Soldato
Been playing this for a few days now. If I can give anyone any advice it's Sniper balls.... I am currently roaming around with a ball of around 24 snipers and it is hilarious. It does trivialise some of the game however. I will look at adding some screenshots of my current setup and game tonight If I get time
Yup Sniper balls are great at clearing the map and finding resources.

Expand
Expand
Expand some more!

Soldato
Still can't get past the first map. So so close every time. Always get clobbered on the last swarm where they come from all directions. Almost made it earlier today but can't hammered on the last attack where they only came from 3 sides. I had 3 incredibly strong areas (North, East and West) but unfortunately they ignored West and went south. So I got overrun on the south whilst the other two areas just about held.

Shock Towers = useless. Heavy on power and seems to go down fast during attacks.

Hope it don't get nerved as I'm really enjoying the struggle.

Soldato
Shock Towers = useless. Heavy on power and seems to go down fast during attacks.

I haven't quite gotten to the last wave as of yet but I have found surrounding each tower with its own walls helps to extend their life, double layer the wall if possible. The same goes for any manned towers I build.

Soldato
Still can't get past the first map. So so close every time. Always get clobbered on the last swarm where they come from all directions. Almost made it earlier today but can't hammered on the last attack where they only came from 3 sides. I had 3 incredibly strong areas (North, East and West) but unfortunately they ignored West and went south. So I got overrun on the south whilst the other two areas just about held.

Amusingly I found shock towers to be my saving grace most the time. Behind two layers of walls will 1 hit trash mob and usually 50+ at a time which on last wave is nice. Though you still need to back it up with some sniper's / heavier defense to take the heavy enemy guys which seem to be resilient or something.

Associate
picked this up... i'm having so much fun with this game :D

soldiers in towers are my saving grace... spread them out and 4 soldiers in each stone tower can do a lot of damage with their guns before the tower gets damaged

rangers are good early in the game and good for scouting, but once you reach stone and metal work, the rangers quickly become obsolete

Soldato
You have to be careful with efficiency and upgrading. Lots of people seem to be tempted by Advanced buildings, but they're basically all way too expensive to maintain. Advanced Farms are handy when you have excess resources towards the end but for the most part its best to stick to basic buildings as much as possible.

Soldato
managed to get past the first map but struggling on the second now.
ive been using the upgraded balista towers, masses of walls, spikes, flamethrower guys and thantos units but still the last horde gets through somewhere :(

Man of Honour
,[QUOTEsame="Radox-0, post: 31467531, member: 171709"]Jump in and learn IMO! Learn whats what after a few rounds

Still not managed to do the very final wave on default setting. Its hard![/QUOTE]
one thing I learnt is pop lots of pop and extremely early, get that gold rolling in and plan for the market/bank which can be hard unles syou have a big clear area on a map, other than that the map makes a huge difference and is just luck.

Associate

Wall spam is the best, I finally beat the first map by building layers of walls with towers and snipers + shock towers and a lot of titans they still almost punched through a small section that I could not build much in but it held for just the right amount of time for the other waves to be stopped and then sent all my titans there.

Associate
yeah if you double click on something it selects all of that type

annoying at times... but also SOOO useful to upgrade all wood towers / fences to stone walls and towers in one go lol

Soldato
Liberal demolition is often beneficial.

Most of your buildings are liabilities in the final swarm and you don't have time to use any more resources mid fight.

Back
Top Bottom