*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Caporegime
Not much in the way of extra discounts on sports and movies over the discount for a new minimum term really. £7.50 off Sports, £4 off Sports HD and £8 off Cinema.

Associate
I've managed to get this:

40% off the following

Box Sets Bundle @ £38.00 pm
Sports Pack @ £27.50 pm
Sky Sports HD Pack @ £6.00 pm

Then this on top

Sky Q Multiscreen 1 @ £12.00 pm

So the total monthly cost will be £54.90 p/m for 12 months, Then 83.50 per month.

With £25 credited to my account. Roughly works out at £52 a month.

Caporegime
I've managed to get this:

40% off the following

Box Sets Bundle @ £38.00 pm
Sports Pack @ £27.50 pm
Sky Sports HD Pack @ £6.00 pm

Then this on top

Sky Q Multiscreen 1 @ £12.00 pm

So the total monthly cost will be £54.90 p/m for 12 months, Then 83.50 per month.

With £25 credited to my account. Roughly works out at £52 a month.
Are you sure it's 40% off sports and cinema too, not just core TV?

Associate
Are you sure it's 40% off sports and cinema too, not just core TV?

Oh.

Ok due to a technical glitch unable to apply the offer on the sky base Box sets and sports HD Pack. That offer will be applied within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Edit: I don't have Movies

Edit 2:

Here is your package summary: Box Sets Bundle @ £38.00 pm Sports Pack @ £27.50 pm Sky Sports HD Pack @ £6.00 pm Q Multiscreen 1 @ £12.00 pm So your total monthly cost will be £54.90 p/m for 12 months Thereafter 83.50 per month.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone got any advice please?

I am at the end of my commitment and wanted to upgrade to Sky Q. Sky didn't really offer me any real discount of the cost of sky Q, so i recommitted to my same previous deal on my HD+ box for another 12 months lest week. However, due to the recent weather my box is now getting no signal. I have gone onto the website to see about getting it sorted and the website states an engineers visit will cost £65.

I am still in my cooling off period. Do you think i can get some kind of deal on a new Q box given the circumstances? Or a free engineer visit?

Caporegime
Has anyone got any advice please?

I am at the end of my commitment and wanted to upgrade to Sky Q. Sky didn't really offer me any real discount of the cost of sky Q, so i recommitted to my same previous deal on my HD+ box for another 12 months lest week. However, due to the recent weather my box is now getting no signal. I have gone onto the website to see about getting it sorted and the website states an engineers visit will cost £65.

I am still in my cooling off period. Do you think i can get some kind of deal on a new Q box given the circumstances? Or a free engineer visit?
You should be able to get the visit down to £30 easily enough. Do you have Multiscreen? If not and you planned to take it with Sky Q I have a code that will get you a free 2TB box and half price Mini box (£49). Sky Q MS is £12pm with an 18m contract.

Associate
You should be able to get the visit down to £30 easily enough. Do you have Multiscreen? If not and you planned to take it with Sky Q I have a code that will get you a free 2TB box and half price Mini box (£49). Sky Q MS is £12pm with an 18m contract.

That code sounds nice, would it effect my phone and fibre package? I'm currently paying £28.80 for basic TV pack with basic landline (pay as you go landline?) and unlimited fibre. Do you know how much i would pay each month using your code?

I think it breaks down as i'm currently paying £8.80 for cheapest TV pack and £20 for my fibre and landline.

Caporegime
That code sounds nice, would it effect my phone and fibre package? I'm currently paying £28.80 for basic TV pack with basic landline (pay as you go landline?) and unlimited fibre. Do you know how much i would pay each month using your code?

I think it breaks down as i'm currently paying £8.80 for cheapest TV pack and £20 for my fibre and landline.
Monthly cost, other than the £12pm, doesn't change, it's a discount on the install costs only.

Soldato
Hi Misschief - any deals going for existing sky customers who are on Sky HD (non Q). My parents currently have sky fibre unlimited, talk with anytime calls and tv (variety pack) for something ridiculous like £90 per month. They have been with sky for like 20 years +. Really only need the Asian TV channels. Kids channels can be useful to for when the grandchildren are over (but not essential). Need to bring the cost down, any advice would be great and much appreciated.

Caporegime
Hi Misschief - any deals going for existing sky customers who are on Sky HD (non Q). My parents currently have sky fibre unlimited, talk with anytime calls and tv (variety pack) for something ridiculous like £90 per month. They have been with sky for like 20 years +. Really only need the Asian TV channels. Kids channels can be useful to for when the grandchildren are over (but not essential). Need to bring the cost down, any advice would be great and much appreciated.

Nothing that I can give you TBH. The new packages will be opened up for existing customers in a month or so, then you'll have more options.

Soldato
so i cancelled sky Q a month ago, it ended 2 days ago

I called up to see what offers they have as one last try before i send the equipment back, i was offered the following:

Sky Q 2tb + multiroom (already have this equipment)

1) with everything, entertainment, boxsets, movies, hd & sport (inc multiroom) = £61.xx per month cant remember the term

2) with entertainment, hd, boxsets (no movies or sports) and multiroom = £31 per month for 18 months

3) with entertainment, hd, boxsets (no movies or sports) and NO multiroom = £19 per month for 12 months
(need to send the additional mini box back within 90 days)

i chose the 3rd option as I dont have a need for the multiroom tbh, sounded like a bargain, i got the e-mail confrimation from them confirming the costs

Associate

You can simply call Sky and have a chat with one of their advisors. They'll be happy to help change the package and offer you a discount.

You may also want to wait a few weeks for the new packages to be available for all their existing customers as MissChief said, there will be some more options then.

Soldato
so i cancelled sky Q a month ago, it ended 2 days ago

I called up to see what offers they have as one last try before i send the equipment back, i was offered the following:

Sky Q 2tb + multiroom (already have this equipment)

1) with everything, entertainment, boxsets, movies, hd & sport (inc multiroom) = £61.xx per month cant remember the term

2) with entertainment, hd, boxsets (no movies or sports) and multiroom = £31 per month for 18 months

3) with entertainment, hd, boxsets (no movies or sports) and NO multiroom = £19 per month for 12 months
(need to send the additional mini box back within 90 days)

i chose the 3rd option as I dont have a need for the multiroom tbh, sounded like a bargain, i got the e-mail confrimation from them confirming the costs
That seems like a good deal for q, but remember the q box isnt yours anyway (i couldn't tell from your post whether you knew this or not).

Soldato
We signed up for Sky entertainment HD a couple of years ago with an introductory friends and family deal. After one year did the usual cancel and accept 50% offer and another year is now up. Just logged onto MySky and the forthcoming bills are staying at what we've paying. (ie. still 50%) but had been expecting them to go back up to full price now that another year is up.

I just assumed they would only do the discounted price again for one year but it appears to be rolling contract now. Anyone had similar experience?

Associate
Just found that my existing deal has expired... back up to £80 a month for Box Sets, Sports, Movies & HD. Last year I just rang up and after they failed to give me a decent deal I cancelled, then picked up the 50% offer.

Are they still doing this? I'd rather keep Sky, but if it comes down to it I'll cancel and just use NowTV the weeks that I want to watch sports.

Back
Top Bottom