Decent games for the new year

Associate
Hi everyone,

It's that time again where I've pretty much exhausted my current favorite games (Titanfall 2/Civ 5 (I have Civ 6 but it's not spectacular). Because of this I'm looking for some new titles to add to the library to keep me occupied over the winter months.

I was wondering what everyone is playing and if anyone would be willing to recommend some titles to me. Currently I've considered Dirt 4, Cities: Skylines, PUBG and Overwatch but I'm not sure if any of these games are good or/and if they are worth the cost (I've been burned a few times in the past).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as always :)

Associate
As a casual player, Overwatch takes time to learn. Depends whether you want to put in the time to learn the game and get comfortable.

Unfortunately, I am still a newbie and join random matches. I am on level 8 and being put into games with players of 28+ experience so I tend to play as tail end charlie! I need to replay the tutorial a few times. There are so many character classes I have yet to experience and properly learn their traits. I usually throw in the towel and revert back to TF2. Depends, if you have the time or a quick learner, Overwatch is good fun.

Soldato
i have over 1k hours in overwatch and only play competitive mode and hit grand master.. its a good game but can be frustrating at times but what MP game isnt nowadays?

Associate
I have played or still play these games regularly. They are all good and they are fun.

PUBG
Rocket League
Rainbow Six Siege
Project Cars 2
Cities Skylines
Dirt Rally (Don’t get Dirt 4)
American Truck Simulator
Spintires Mudrunner
Redout
Grand Theft Auto V
Doom

Associate
If you liked city building, check out Banished.
It's a tiny 122mb program, but has some great stuff to it.
Also heavily modable. Check out Colonial Charter on youtube after having watched some basic game play to see the difference.

Associate
OP
Thats the thing, ideally I don't want to have to spend ages getting into a new game. Ideally I try to avoid games where it is "overly" competitive where I end up being slaughtered until 10+ matches
i have over 1k hours in overwatch and only play competitive mode and hit grand master.. its a good game but can be frustrating at times but what MP game isnt nowadays?
One of my big issues with BF1 and Dota 2 is that I just cant seem to get a decent round in due to being obliterated by better players (To be fair I dont play games as much as I used to)

Cities Skylines is excellent.
Also consider They are Billions
I'll have a look at these as I love city building games :)

If you liked the Gothic games from Piranha Bytes, then ELEX might be something for you ??
I never really tried them but I'll certainly have a look :)

Good news is I have quite a few of those games but I quite like the look of Project Cars 2 and Cities Skylines :)

I like the look of banished, almost like a Minecraft style city games with all the mods :)

Associate
If you want fps multiplayer games then maybe try Killing Floor 2 and Rainbow Six siege if you haven't tryed already, Hard Reset for a good blade runner feeling fps single player game.

Soldato
Project cars 2 is a great driving sim.Great in VR too.

Grim dawn is a fun dungeon crawler /diablo clone. I've stayed up far too late playing it many a time.

Soldato
Assasins Creed Origin, didn't think it would hold my attention as much as it has so far, over 30 hours and I'm not even half way through the story / maps yet. Plays more like TW3 than previous games.

Associate
Assasins Creed Origin, didn't think it would hold my attention as much as it has so far, over 30 hours and I'm not even half way through the story / maps yet. Plays more like TW3 than previous games.
Agreed, it’s my pickup and play of choice at the moment. I’ve put about 15 hours in so far. Highly enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom