Wild Mouse Coaster Demolished - Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Soldato
Surprised it wasn't sold onto a smaller park - there again the logistics to take it apart and put back together probably canned that idea

60 years old and wooden construction seem to be the buzzwords as to why that's not the case, likely needed a full restoration and it wouldn't be economically sensible compared to scrapping it and building something newer

Soldato
What a shame but cant really say surprising!, it was the first roller coaster that actually made me fear, mainly due to it being very rickety even back in the early 90's. Went on a few years ago no longer with youth on my side and felt rather bad for it!

Associate
OP
Wild Mouse was ace, at least it was until you hit one of the dodgy bends and it felt like you were teetering on the edge of derailment :D

Lol.......I wonder how many G’s were pulled in the bends, must have been quite high!

There was a certain amount of trepidation with each ride - I remember on one occasion as a teenager in the early nineties my younger brother head butting me with the back of his head and busting my nose while going over the dips on the ride.

Associate
We have been season pass holders for last few years and its very rare for the mouse to be running it broke down that much, 2017 was a really bad year for it, we never even got chance to ride it the full year.

Associate
OP
We have been season pass holders for last few years and its very rare for the mouse to be running it broke down that much, 2017 was a really bad year for it, we never even got chance to ride it the full year.

Maybe it was becoming too unecomical to run hence the demolition........I think a lot of enthusiasts accept that this is the likely cause, but BPB could have done themselves a favour PR wise if they’d announced the plan and reason in advance. They are getting a lot of bad press for just culling the ride like they have, probably a bad move for such an iconic ride.

Associate
Must have been over 10 years ago I went on that and I swear it was tilting onto one side round the sharp bends....yet we still kept going on. Oh to be young again :D

Soldato
Went on this is 2016 and the whiplash feeling from the corners and brakes at end.. Wow. I was abit stiff after but I look back at it and laugh as it was a true ropey old school ride.

The big one is also quite ropey now and showing its age. Very rough ride

Wild Mouse was ace, at least it was until you hit one of the dodgy bends and it felt like you were teetering on the edge of derailment :D

That was the point really. The track was banked outwards slightly to give the rider the impression that the car was about to fall off. Part of the adrenaline rush :D

Shame to see it go though :( Not ridden the one at BPB but have ridden lots of Wild Mice in Germany, London Hyde Park, numerous other fairs and smaller theme parks. The Mice come in both static cars (as per OP) and spinning cars, like Waltzer cars.

Back
Top Bottom