Furthest you have travelled in a car

Soldato
liverpool to Banff (aberdeenshire) and back via edinburgh on the way up and sunderland on the way back

in one day,well one go

Caporegime
Done Sydney to Perth in a 2004 Mitsubishi Magna in 2012 when we moved here.

Firstly, you win.

Secondly, why on earth didn't you fly?? :p

Surely you could have shipped your belongings over, and then flown over afterwards? :eek:

Or was it for the experience/to visit places along the way, or just to say you'd done it?

Associate
Firstly, you win.

Secondly, why on earth didn't you fly?? :p

Surely you could have shipped your belongings over, and then flown over afterwards? :eek:

Or was it for the experience/to visit places along the way, or just to say you'd done it?

Haha moved to Sydney then got bored and drove up to Cairns, then Sydney - Perth.

Went to Canberra, Adelaide, across the Nullabor on the journey and we Had all our stuff so drove.

Also wanted to see some weird sights which flying we would miss.

Soldato
Last year I did Madrid to Milan over 2 days, that's about 1000 miles. On the first day I drove from Madrid to Monaco, about 800 miles and then did the rest the following day.

Associate
UK to italy a few years ago, via all sorts of wonderful places :)

In one day though, North of the Isle of Skye down to Oxfordshire, approx 600 miles - on my own too, not the most exciting of trips once I got out of scotland :p

Soldato
The most I've done in a single day was 980 miles - Basingstoke to Grangemouth (which is the furthest north I've ever been) and back via a couple of other places. That was with a few stops though.

Longest non-stop drive I've done is from Karlsruhe in Germany to Calais which was just under 400 miles and it took me 6 hours and 10 minutes. Not quite sure how I managed that while on my own without anyone to talk to and without even having any food or drink with me, but a tight schedule meant I had to crack on :)

The furthest I've been on a trip spanning a few days was Ljubljana in Slovenia.

Soldato
10 yrs ago, South Oxfordshire to Lossiemouth and back.
Left at midnight so roads were nice and quiet. Arrived at 8am. Slept for 4 hours and then drove back again with my daughter.
1100 miles i think. 1 tank got me there, diesel had its benefits.
Shattered when i got home, couldn't do it now.

Drove from Southampton via Calais to La Rochelle in the summer. Very boring 600 mile trip.

If its over 250 miles, I look at flight options now.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Near Barcelona, I was also enjoying the south of france so much that I didn't want to come home. This meant doing just under 900 miles in one journey on the way home. Set off at 9am from Millau, arrived in Chesterfield 3am - rather tired.

Soldato
wolverhampton to paris, although ive been to metz which is not too far from paris, so either one lol, i was 20 at the time, so awhile ago. wolverhampton to inverness is the longest in the uk.

Soldato
Last summer - from near Vaison-la-Romaine (Provence) back home. One stop in France for fuel (both the car and occupants), another driver change on Eurotunnel and a final swap at Cherwell Valley services. About 870 miles. Two-up but with bags for another 3 people (who were flying), a load of wine from the vineyard we'd stayed on, bike tools/spares and two bikes on a tow-bar mounted rack.

Soldato
In one non-stop trip it was probably Franklin, TN to Flagstaff, AZ via Denver and Monument Valley Utah. Just under 2k miles. I was just a passenger for that as we only got 2 people on the hire car insurance.

Back
Top Bottom