*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Man of Honour
Thanks Steedie, although I'm having seconds thoughts now....."Dad, can we play Fortnite now please" lol

Haha! I bet!

My 3 year old is obsessed with Star Wars and always wants to play Battlefront 2, but it involves sitting on my lap and me operating the keyboard with my hand on top of his on the mouse. All he does is press the left mouse button to shoot :D so not quite the same! But he loves it and it gets me excited about when he's older and playing games like that properly and have a setup like yours

Associate
Now we've got a house, I can have a man cave so I am looking at getting a desk. I notice that a lot of you have just used a laminate worktop for the topside supported by two Alex drawer units and this caught my eye:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Worktop-Blocked-Oak-Effect-3000-x-600-x-38mm/p/213454 - £52 after discount for a 3000mm x 600mm x 38mm worktop.

W0823_213454_01.jpg

What are everyone's thoughts? I plan to cut it down to the length of the wall I plan on putting it against (about 2.8m), and using the two Alex drawers to support it. Will I need a centre support?

Soldato
Now we've got a house, I can have a man cave so I am looking at getting a desk. I notice that a lot of you have just used a laminate worktop for the topside supported by two Alex drawer units and this caught my eye:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Worktop-Blocked-Oak-Effect-3000-x-600-x-38mm/p/213454 - £52 after discount for a 3000mm x 600mm x 38mm worktop.

W0823_213454_01.jpg

What are everyone's thoughts? I plan to cut it down to the length of the wall I plan on putting it against (about 2.8m), and using the two Alex drawers to support it. Will I need a centre support?

That's similar to what I did for our spare room.

It's a kitchen worktop I got from a local joinery place, I'd measured up the width of the room and had it cut to roughly that size, built some supports against the wall for it, then when I got it into the room cut it to size fitted it and put the legs on for aesthetics and support at the front.

IMG_04881.jpg

Associate
Recently sorted the man cave out, here it is as it stands so far.

Desk:

MZS60Y1.jpg

PC

s2ALqtN.jpg

And the other wall that hosts my other hobby

wLNrOIg.jpg

KhPJacT.jpg

I am looking at the Alex / Sideboard combo and might push for that if space allows.

Cheers.

Associate
New year, slight revamp.

Got my racing rig on locking castors so it can move out of the way easily and not have to keep packing it away.

Rift is setup but need a known good hdmi and usb extension cable so I can run the cables round the back and out of the way.

Its a small room but I have everything I need in one place with little compromise. VR play area is about 1.5 x 2.0m.
W8Sy2wZ

W8Sy2wZ.jpg
U5OyRL2

2EqdUcS.jpg

U5OyRL2.jpg

UN4rbKe.jpg

i7AOmlJ

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol, what an embarrassing pic, you'd think whoever posted that would have taken it down by now. :D

ps: I loved that plant :(
Not embarrassing, it's what it was like. I really enjoy at that old thread, more so than the new the thread as it it's good to see how much things have moved on.

Back
Top Bottom