Help with a monitor for gaming

Associate
I'm a PC gamer but sit across the room from my screen due to the layout of my room. I've recently purchased a new PC with a 1080Ti from here and now want to get a new screen to go with it. I've been gaming on a 32" TV for a long time and want to find something more suited to gaming than a standard TV, especially for when playing competitive games.

It'll probably need to be at least 27" since i'll be across the room a bit from it and digging around i've been looking at 144hz 1ms monitors (big upgrade to my 60hz and only god knows what ms TV) but I just feel lost with making a decision. I don't watch television on this so it will purely be a PC monitor.

I'm not too worried about budget as long as i end up finding the perfect screen for me (within reason). If anyone could recommend some gaming monitors that'll fit my purpose i'd really appreciate it.

Soldato
I'd probably be looking at a 40" monitor tbh, for a display that is at "console" viewing distance.

Maybe the 38" Ultra wide, or a few of the 40" screens, a few are 4K not sure if that GPU is ok for that res- probably should be ok.

27" will be too small.

Associate
OP
It's not quite what i'd call "console viewing distance" maybe a couple of metres at most and have been getting by ok on the 32" TV. From my searching it seemed to be a choice of 4k OR the 144hz 1ms combo so between the two i'd prefer to get the better response and refresh spec than the 4k as most of the games i play are online multiplayer and a fair few are competitive shooters. Thanks for the response!

Back
Top Bottom