Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Associate
If you want a cheap GPS tracker I've got one of these on the bike. £40 to buy then put a giffgaff sim in it. Uses something like 30p data a month and you can always call the bike to get a text back with it's location - otherwise I have it set to provide minute by minute updates when it detects a shock or is in motion.

Soldato
There's a very good chance i'll have a new bike by the weekend so an Alps tour is still doable this year! :)
You need to get riding in Europe, it's another world over there - you've had the experience of the best bikes, now you need the experience of the best roads... :D

Bikes are great in that they open up brilliant holidays that don't cost the earth which you spend (almost) every day doing the thing you love!!

Soldato
I'd second (or is that third) that. For the past 5 years I've just about averaged more miles in Europe than in the UK.

There are some fantastic roads in the UK, but if you're prepared to invest a few quid in petrol, a Euro Tunnel ticket and two extra half days, then you're within reach of some brilliant roads with far less traffic. Last February we had a 6 am start and we were on some great roads in Wales by 10 am. Add two hours on to that and you could be in the Ardennes. In October I left the house at 4.30 am and I was on some great roads on the way in to Trier in Germany after stopping for some lunch. It normally just costs a couple of hours and a tank of fuel extra, and getting up a bit earlier.

We're not going to Europe this year for our main trip, as we're keen to do the Atlantic coast of Ireland and the NC500, but we'll still fit in a couple of long weekend trips over to Europe. I just wish Spain and Portugal were more accessible.

Soldato
Had an email from a BMW dealer which I wanted to part ex at, they value my bike at £5999 stock or £6500 with all the after market parts included.

They can go and swivel because I guarantee it’ll be up for sale for £9000 a week later.

Back
Top Bottom