Spec me... £50k (ish) budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
OP
V12V is much sportier, but you're suggesting 4 seat coupes in the C63 and M4, so the DB9 sort of fits there. Perhaps a vanquish is more hardcore... I'm biased as I think the DB9 is one of the best looking cars ever produced, although the V12V isn't far behind. The DB9 also fits the V12 requirement. You'd save £25k buying a DB9 over a V12V if you're desperate for a V12 with a manual transmission.

It's difficult to know what to suggest as I think you're after track focused, which makes the Exige top of the pile.

I like the DB9... but if I was going to buy an Aston, it would be the V12V/V12VS.

Given what's on offer, I've gone off it, despite my love for the comp pack version... standard version is a glorified 4 series.

No... I don't like Audis... the one I would come close to buying is the R8 V10 and even that I have reservations about... despite it's very good performance / reliability / depreciation ratio... it just doesn't excite me... but I'll be happy to admit, I haven't driven one.

the yellow Aston Martin straight away.......in 2nd place the orange Porsche.

Yes... me likey... me likey a lot.

Ssangyong Rexton. You’re welcome ;)

lol

As some extra news... today I have just landed 2 very large contracts which have a turnover of over £2m this quarter (networking hardware CAPEX) and ongoing support of £23k/month. I have also had some really good trading results.

These are due to be paid within 30 days and I'll see my share at the end of Feb.

This has meant... in March I will be looking at a GT3... I was thinking 991.1 GT3... but now I'm thinking 991.2 GT3 depending on what's available.

My mind's made up... I'll probably pick up a Radical later in the year.

Thanks for the tips.

Soldato
most epic car ever, if you do decide to drop the budget back down get a GT4, most epic car ever. £85 to £90k should get you a good one and it will not go down in value every.

But honestly, if you have £200k knocking around wait a while and position your self to buy a couple of London flats.

Permabanned
OP
If I could get myself on the list to buy a 991.2 GT3 at retail, I would do in a heartbeat and with a tonne of options. Write it off as a pool car and claim the VAT making it a relative steal.

At current pricing, the 991.2 GT3 pricing is rivalling the 991.1 GT3 RS pricing and I honestly have no idea which I would pick.

After trading... my next stage of investment is property... but rather than invest in stuff that's already on the market - I'd rather build and sell... the margins are much higher.

That'll come... probably next year... for now, I want myself a dream car.

Soldato
yea if you've got plenty of cash go for it, buy one of those cars now............. then wait and buy a bigger house next or whatever

Last edited:
Soldato
As some extra news... today I have just landed 2 very large contracts which have a turnover of over £2m this quarter (networking hardware CAPEX) and ongoing support of £23k/month. I have also had some really good trading results.

Now you’ve peaked my interest. What deals are you into where your networking spend is £2m, but the recurring support costs are a mere £23k a month ?

Soldato
If I could get myself on the list to buy a 991.2 GT3 at retail, I would do in a heartbeat and with a tonne of options. Write it off as a pool car and claim the VAT making it a relative steal

1 unless you have had a few new cars there is no way you will get into one.

I have had 3 new Panameras and brought 2 other customers to my dealer and still struggling to get one.

And the pool car. You need to talk your accountant. I think you will find you can’t really do that.

Finally stop being so open about your business on a public forum.

Associate
Save some cash and buy an F12. Plenty available and none of this waiting list or paying over list nonsense. Buy one from Ferrari if you want easier access to an 812.

Or buy nothing and wait for the bubble to burst. I would take the assertion that a GT4 will 'never lose value' with a large bowl of salt.

Soldato
Finally stop being so open about your business on a public forum.
You're right... I have a bad habit of letting my mouth / fingers run when I've had a few drinks... was celebrating last night :)

yea dont talk about ``loadsa`` money, not just online, but EVER to anyone, because a wise person keeps quiet about the money he has;)... you're starting to come over as a *********** you're shouting your mouth off too much... ok if it's true it's a fair deal, but it's starting to look like krap talk to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom