• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1070 to 1080ti

Associate
I've been on the fence about upgrading to a 1080ti since they were released.

I game at 1440p and my 1070 does ok for most games, (it struggled slightly with Watchdogs 2 + a few others on the highest settings).

The price has put me off but 1070's are going for decent money on certain auction sites + i've got a birthday coming up so i'm not far off the prices.

My questions are:-

1) Is it worth it given Volta is coming this year (I think)
2) How much performance gain will i see roughly. I do like the smoothness of 100fps+ (My monitor is 144hz Gsync)
3) If it is deemed to be worth the upgrade any recommendations on which manufacturer to go for?

Help Appreciated

Stret

Associate
If you like the higher fps and your settings as close to max as possible. I would hold out If I was in your position.

The 1080ti is a great card for me as I play at 4k/60 and enjoy vr but for someone who likes to game at 1440 at higher refresh you might want to hold out.

Associate
I have to say that I would go for the 1080ti. It should be able to eliminate the problems you are having so who cares what generation it is? Not only that but the 1070 you have will sell for top dollar, so why not go for it?
Maybe its just me but I just buy what's available NOW. I find that waiting can result in disappointment. I mean until the new ones come out you really don't know how good they are going to be.

Associate
OP
Looks like the general consensus is to wait then.

I'm not in a mad rush just want a new toy :)

What to we reckon the going rate will be for the new ones when they come out £800+?

Associate
OP
I would say 600 to 800 plus but miners will snap them up and they will be scarce for at least a year. Coupled with gcard ram prices increases etc.

Damn Miners :mad:

I know some who works for Very so might be able to get one put aside possibly.

Thanks for the advice chaps....

Back
Top Bottom