Working 2 Jobs

Caporegime
Really? So how have i managed for 12 years? Job 1 dont know i have a part time job. Job 2 dont kow i have a full time job.

you're not really contradicting the other poster then if neither of your employers know...

his statement was predicated on "If they do find out..." and he said you can be sacked not you will. (essentially some full time jobs might well have a contract precluding it)

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
My contract clearly states not allowed a second job. Although it's more to do with being safety critical so I need to get the minimum amount of hours (12) rest between shifts.

Soldato
My contract clearly states not allowed a second job. Although it's more to do with being safety critical so I need to get the minimum amount of hours (12) rest between shifts.

I'm given six months rest period per year and I'm pretty sure it would be a sacking offence if I was caught working another job during my time off. Like you say, there's got to be a line in terms of safety and fatigue. For example, if I switch someone from days to nights then I must give them 8 hours rest in between.

I know it's easier said than done, but the target should always be a single job that pays better as opposed to numerous jobs that pay NMW.

Soldato
OP
I have been informed the way the wages system works, it is paid a month in arrears, so for e.g. if I work any hours in January, I won't be paid until the last working day of March, surely they mean the end of February? :confused:

Soldato
I have been informed the way the wages system works, it is paid a month in arrears, so for e.g. if I work any hours in January, I won't be paid until the last working day of March, surely they mean the end of February? :confused:

If it's month in arrears then yes I'd have thought you'd be paid end of February. Most places are I've worked have usually been a week in arrears even if though it's been monthly/4 weekly pay. Never a whole month of arrears.

Soldato
OP
After a few days in, I've got the gist of the job, felt like lots of things to take in on day 1 as I was more used to a retail environment, but it's all come to me. But really enjoying it, the Staff are lovely.

Things seem to be going well as I say, but I don't think anything could come of this job *right now* it is more uncontracted work than anything. I give my availability for the week ahead then a decision is made shortly after handing it in.

The other Porters there don't have a contract either, but surely a Porter is the bread and butter of a Hospital? Required to keep things running smoothly. They work full time week in week out, other areas are recruited for, but not this one? Just curious as to why?

I would be willing to hand in my notice in the other job if they could contract me, but that doesn't seem at all likely as of now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom