Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Caporegime
OP
Hello @MissChief, I don’t suppose you have any new customer codes lying around?
Just moved into a new house with no Sky and need to get the tele sorted for the household.
Thanks.
Codes at the moment are pretty poor, half price entertainment pack only. Saves a whopping £10 per month! Might have something new next month.

Caporegime
My LG offer for 12 months free Sky Q with multiscreen just came to an end.

We added boxset ourselves for the HD channels and were paying £18 a month in total.

Latest bill was £50.

Retentions team could only go as low as £34 a month.

I've cancelled as of today.

Am I right in thinking Sky might come back to us within the next 6 weeks with 60% off?

Associate
Codes at the moment are pretty poor, half price entertainment pack only. Saves a whopping £10 per month! Might have something new next month.
I`ll keep an eye out myself. Only just stumbled across this thread but you shared some great deals :)

I left Sky after many years and now my VirginMedia deal is coming to an end so I qualify for the `new customer` deals. Sticking with VM for Broadband but really want to switch back to Sky for the TV.

Soldato
My LG offer for 12 months free Sky Q with multiscreen just came to an end.

We added boxset ourselves for the HD channels and were paying £18 a month in total.

Latest bill was £50.

Retentions team could only go as low as £34 a month.

I've cancelled as of today.

Am I right in thinking Sky might come back to us within the next 6 weeks with 60% off?

They didn't for me. Most they would do is 40% off. But I think it has changed since then (about 2 weeks ago).

Caporegime
Sky just rang me offering the same deal they offered me before I cancelled.

If I didn't accept it before cancelling, i'm hardly likely to accept it after I've cancelled!

Associate
I mean, yeah, it's half price, but if someone wants sports or Movies the price starts to add up.

Sure it does, that's the point, they are premium subscriptions, they are meant to cost something more. And you don't need to have them, they're completely optional.

But let's see how much they actually cost. Suppose someone does not take this £10 Entertainment F&F offer, but pays the standard £20 and an extra £5 for HD. Suppose they also want Sports in HD, along with Cinema, it would then me an extra £20, £2 and £10 respectively.

A grand total of £57 a month. Exactly £1.90 a day for a more or less complete package. You can spend double or triple that on lunches if you buy £3 or £4 meal deals with nasty bacon and egg sadwiches (pun intended), crisps and soft drinks every day. You can spend the same amount on a dinner for two and a bottle of wine outside, on a single night. There's plenty of examples.

It would be £47 with the £10 Entertainment offer, so £1.56 a day.

Even without any offers, just the price points, the complete bundle with the above plus kids and Box Sets would be £67, and that's £2.23 a day. It's basically a coffee or a hot chocolate at Starbucks.

If you want to have a TV subscription, then it's not a massive figure when you break it down.

Associate
Do you work for Sky sales by any chance ? :D

Whilst you are technically correct, why would you spend more than you needed to on something ?? If new discount codes are available from Sky, why not take advantage of them ? Sky don`t have to offer them, but they choose to as a way of enticing new customers. It`s what I`m waiting for before I join and why I keep checking this thread.

Do you never shop around for insurance either and just pay the full price, because when you break it down, it`s only a few quid per day :rolleyes:

Commissario
Any idea if/when the new entertainment pack will have a friends and family discount? I’m looking to switch over to Sky now that my VM contract is up

Associate
Do you work for Sky sales by any chance ? :D

Whilst you are technically correct, why would you spend more than you needed to on something ?? If new discount codes are available from Sky, why not take advantage of them ? Sky don`t have to offer them, but they choose to as a way of enticing new customers. It`s what I`m waiting for before I join and why I keep checking this thread.

Do you never shop around for insurance either and just pay the full price, because when you break it down, it`s only a few quid per day :rolleyes:

No, I do not work for 'Sky Sales'.

The prices I mentioned yesterday are discounted. At the end of the day, £1.90, or about that, per day, for a complete subscription you and your family will be using every day and you really want to have, is not a massive cost.

And ultimately, it is all about personal preferences and priorities - to people out there, budget insurance may not be enough. If people like shopping around and choosing the cheapest option for everything they're buying or spending, from a TV subscription to a car insurance, and from clothes to food, then by all means, it's everyone's personal decision. What may be expensive or unneeded for some, may not be for others, and vice versa. Personally, even though I do not have a TV subscription because I do not need it, I would not consider £1.90 a day a prohibitive amount, because I know that I can spend lots more at a moment's notice without planning or wanting to. For example, my last three transactions for today: £20 for a bottle of wine as I am going at a friend's tomorrow, £25 for a taxi as I missed my train tonight due to the weather and having to go to the local Sainsbury's to get the wine, about £17 for a takeaway because we feel like having Chinese tonight, etc. These are costs I had not planned for today, but they are there. And I should worry or feel ripped off when it comes to my standard bills? They're the only expenses I can plan. :p

Back
Top Bottom