Sony a6000 or a6300

Associate
Looking for a travel camera but do I pay the difference of around £200 for the a6300?

It will also be used to take pictures and record sport.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Cheers guys, I went for the a6300 with kit lens!

Is the kit lens really that bad? I was thinking of trading it for the 19mm?

Soldato
It's like having a good hot hatch with the engine from a base spec/mid range fiesta. The 19mm is good for the money. It's just limiting sometimes and you have to be prepared to move around a lot and crop. You can say this about any prime, however it's different in this scenario in that you can get the same quality through a zoom in some cases - as in its not for shallow dof you have to make the sacrifice for as there's no zoom alternative. Except you can't get that quality, as nothing's available.

Associate
When I had the A5100 I found the kit lens too soft and not really sharp. There is a lottery with them as some are sharper than others.

The Sigma stuff doesn't have all the focus points when using auto focus but should be better than the kit lens in almost every way.

Associate
Just trying to get rid of my sigma 19mm for £70 as I cant really use it for video on my a6500, it is great for stills tho, only used it once and cant find a buyer for the life of me...

Soldato
Had an a6000 and whilst great to learn on ultimately sold due to lens choice. There's no way I'd pay a6300 money in the uk with the lack of good lenses.

Sadly very true.

Unless you really need low light performance or great AF, the sony cameras are gimped by their lens lineup which they seem to not care about. Ultimately after owning a camera for 1-3 years, you will have invested 1-3x the money of the body in the lenses which will then last you 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom