Forgotten password on HP Probook 430 2G

Associate
Product Name: HP ProBook 430 G2 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my maily laptop just broke so i took my old HP ProBook 430 2G ( have not used for like 2 years )... So i wanted to use it, but i cant login because i dont know the password, and i know i wrote down it somewere but it was 2 years ago and i cant find it...

I have tried so do everything to get admin password back... and i can not accssees anything because it ask for admin password everywere, and i try to remove battery etc, backdoors, everything, i spend over 6 hours try to figure it out, even booting with USB dont work...

Can someone please help me, and yes i have looked on this forum but nothing works.

Associate
OP
Hello, no i did not steal it, it is mine laptop, i used it as my collage computer a few years ago. I do not have and proof of that what so ever.

And it needs a password to accses the bios settings, NOT the startup, and i do not remember the password yes.

Associate
for the bios password? just pull the cmos battery?

sometimes hard to do on a laptop if you have to take it apart but yea remove the battery means the cmos button battery not the laptop battery

try that leave it out for good 10 minutes to make sure any charge in the motherboard is lost and it should reset the bios

sometimes there is a jumper you can put a metal pin to make the circuit which will reset also

here is a video how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5cZUiyOYw8

Back
Top Bottom