*** Nintendo Switch ***

fez

fez

Caporegime
There are a number of games I want to play that will only be on PS4/XB1 but most of them don't have a solid release data and I am hoping that playstation will release a new console in the next year and a half or so that is true next gen.

Caporegime
I'm the same as some of you guys, PS4 barely gets touched but I will definitely be wanting to play TLOU2 so not worth selling it. I still have the Uncharted 4 stand alone (can't even remember what it's called) to play through though.

Soldato
Lost Legacy. I bought and played it last year. I think it's a really great Uncharted game and I wasn't expecting to like it as I thought Chloe was a bit meh - it was great to get to know her more though and I warmed to her throughout my time with the game. I bought 2 PS4 games last year (Lost Legacy and Horizon: Zero Dawn) both second hand. Zelda kind of killed open world games a bit for me so I couldn't get into Horizon :( I will try it again though. The only other non-Switch game I bought was Destiny 2 on the Xbox. That didn't turn out too well and I sold it after 2 weeks or so.

I'd forgotten about RDR2 oh yes I'll definitely be having some of that as well!

I'm hoping with Rockstar dipping their toes in with LA Noire means that we'll get RDR1 on the Switch at some point.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow this escalated. I love my switch! The PS4 probably will not get used ever again now. Sure the PS4 has graphics but the switch doesnt look bad at all and the gameplay and mobility are awesome!

Soldato
Looks like Atari wanted to create a RollerCoaster Tycoon game for the Switch, but they seem to talk more about the touch versions instead of the classics. Because of this, they're starting to get a lot of negative feedback: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...acting-well-to-ataris-switch-port-crowdfunder

Noticed the DLC quests for XBC2 is out, but while I did enjoy the game (200h play time :p), for some reason I don't really feel like buying the expansion pass. Might still do depending on how the rest of the DLCs are in the rest of the year.

Also got around to finishing the Champion's Ballad in Zelda and must say it was a lot more amazing than I thought I would be, really enjoyed the last section of it as well.
Even found the boss to be harder than Ganon!

Associate
Noticed the DLC quests for XBC2 is out, but while I did enjoy the game (200h play time :p), for some reason I don't really feel like buying the expansion pass. Might still do depending on how the rest of the DLCs are in the rest of the year.

Yeah I'm a big fan of the game but feel buying the expansion pass now would be silly. I expect the story expansion will be good though, looking forward to it and the challenges.

Soldato
My dog chewed my copy of ARMS. My son forgot to put it in the case when he played on Marvel. It apparently fell off the top of the case, and the dog thought it was a delightful chew toy. One bite, it was toast.

RIP ARMS (it joins Pokemon Y).

Ordered a new copy last night using the Amazon £10 off £50 (had some other bits to order). My wife asked if Nintendo let you download it if you've bought a physical copy, how sweet. :D

Soldato
Action Platformer Castle of Heart Coming to Switch in Q1 2018
7Levels has announced action platformer Castle of Heart for the Nintendo Switch. It will launch in Q1 2018.

View the teaser trailer below:
Here is an overview of the game:

Castle of Heart is a classic action platformer at the genre’s best and most challenging, with plentiful of new twists on the formula to experience. Players take control of a cursed knight who has been turned to stone by an evil sorcerer’s spell, but who is ready to prove that love and courage can conquer even the darkest magic.

Your brave hero must travel all the way from their petrified village to the dark ruler’s castle, mastering 20 levels set in 4 distinct environments. Each is full of enemies that require different strategies to be beaten successfully and includes sudden gameplay changes. All this translates into exciting, dynamic action sequences. The selection of progressively more powerful weapons, from the humble sword to a powerful magical arsenal, as well as power-ups, will aid your hero in their quest. But remember: a body of stone has its limits! It disintegrates permanently as the knight loses energy, which can only be supplied by defeating enemies. If you let it reach a critical level, your hero may lose an arm and the ability to wield weapons with it.

Castle of Heart offers beautiful and detailed 3D graphics with changing landscapes, weather conditions, and rich backgrounds. The game’s aesthetics and bestiary are equal parts inspired by Slavic mythology (with some locations straight from famous, mystical locations in Poland, the developers’ home country) and the dark fantasy atmosphere of the best action platformer titles from the golden age of the genre. All of this makes Castle of Heart a perfect mix of classic influences and modern approaches, utilizing the spectrum of the Switch’s features, which will enchant both fans of the genre and newcomers.

Key Features:

A unique main character: a knight turned into stone who needs to keep fighting to avoid disintegrating
20 completely different levels in 4 beautiful environments loosely inspired by real-life locations
Roughly 50 types of both short- and long-range weapons, allowing each gamer to find their own, individual combat style
HD Rumble support, further increasing players’ immersion
At least 7 hours of addictive, exciting gameplay
Epic boss fights at the end of every location
Breathtaking graphic design
Numerous power-ups that enrich the gameplay

Man of Honour
My dog chewed my copy of ARMS. My son forgot to put it in the case when he played on Marvel. It apparently fell off the top of the case, and the dog thought it was a delightful chew toy. One bite, it was toast.

RIP ARMS (it joins Pokemon Y).

Ordered a new copy last night using the Amazon £10 off £50 (had some other bits to order). My wife asked if Nintendo let you download it if you've bought a physical copy, how sweet. :D

I see you post about ARMS a lot. I never managed to got into it as it always seemed far too simple to really get into.

Do you have any videos of more advanced techniques as I'm really curious about it.

Soldato
I see you post about ARMS a lot. I never managed to got into it as it always seemed far too simple to really get into.

Do you have any videos of more advanced techniques as I'm really curious about it.

Yeah I think it gives that impression, but the meta around the ARMS and the combination of characters is quite deep. EVO Japan finals were immense. Look up Nev Bamshew's ARMS university on YT. It's got some standard FGS stuff like whiffs, pokes etc but is a good starting point. At a higher level, comboing, maximising rushes and rush cancels, slide punching, movement and charging ARMS, instacounters (parries) play a big part. I think it's brilliant. Made a slow march to Rank 10 since the update to v4 and play a lot of the 'pro' players using Discord. They're great guys, always up to help and play.

Soldato
Yeah I'm a big fan of the game but feel buying the expansion pass now would be silly. I expect the story expansion will be good though, looking forward to it and the challenges.
Received my XenoBlade 2 yesterday and went straight to the eshop to get the Japanese voice pack, and saw that "season pass" at £26.99 or something like that. Look at the details of what's included now and what will be added later, the thought that crossed my mind was..."are you freaking kidding me!?" I mean seriously what it is offering should not be more than may be £10 or may be £15 at most. I know Nintendo games are expensive, but DLC prices like this after already spent that much money on the game is a bit of a joke. The only way that this price can be justified is if the game content they add with the DLC is like at least 50% what the base game offer which I doubt would be anywhere close to that.

Thought it is Japanese's culture to treat their customers like gods, but now it just seem like Nintendo is trying to join the likes of EA and Activision, seeing the players as cows to be milked...

fez

fez

Caporegime
Any of you bought Celeste? Its been getting glowing reviews since it was released and I think its a fantastic 2d platformer. You never feel like the controls are letting you down and they are super tight. I loved shovel knight but this is far better in my opinion.

Associate
Any of you bought Celeste? Its been getting glowing reviews since it was released and I think its a fantastic 2d platformer. You never feel like the controls are letting you down and they are super tight. I loved shovel knight but this is far better in my opinion.

Bought it earlier despite not being a massive fan of Meat Boy etc. But the reviews are so good that I feel I've got to give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom