James Bond films are 'sexist' and 'racist

Caporegime
Go back and revisit anything from more than a few years ago and there’ll be things that aren’t too palatable.

James Bond is quite the misogynist, though, so it’s not a wonder the films appear a bit sexist. I wouldn’t say they are sexist, though they definitely portray a sexist.

Not sure about the race thing.

Man of Honour
Just wait till they see The Dambusters.

Oh no! The dog is racist!
Yay bombing Nazis!
Oh, flooding valleys killing thousands of non-nazis...

Errr...
Ummm...

*heads explode*

Or even watch Song of the South from Disney. :D

Oh god... someone stream the Carry On movies for them. ;)

Associate
There have been complaints about Friends recently now that it is on Netflix. They are complaining about the jokes about Ross’ wife turning lesbian are homophobic. Erm, no they are joking that the fault is with Ross. There was some other BS but my brain deleted it.

Caporegime
Sean Connery's James Bond - the Scottish actor took the title role in seven Bond flicks between 1962 and 1983 - has been described variously as a 'sexist wife beater', a 'scumbag', and a 'rapist' by modern viewers.
Is that describing the actor or the character

I hope we don't enter an age where old films are re-edited and cut to not offend millennial ***sigh***

dailymail basically reports on social media views instead of real news these days.

DM "journalist" needs a story to fill the qouta, ill just head to twitter or facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Go back and revisit anything from more than a few years ago and there’ll be things that aren’t too palatable.
For you and your crazy "liberal" friends. For the rest of us, they are simply a bit dated, nothing more.

"Not palatable"? I think the younger generation desperately need a kick up the ass, and their "liberal" handlers/drum beaters along with them.

So much nonsense to be "offended" over. Do people even remember what it's like to be genuinely offended? "These 1960s films are so offensive!" Yeah, get over yourself.

Man of Honour
Another gd thread about sjw's getting attention while giving them more attention.

There have been complaints about Friends recently now that it is on Netflix. They are complaining about the jokes about Ross’ wife turning lesbian are homophobic. Erm, no they are joking that the fault is with Ross. There was some other BS but my brain deleted it.

It's not really homophobic but a lot of the jokes are dated and a little out of touch. I think even one of writers or creators came out and said the same.

Isn't bond a bit of a mysoginistic rapist?

Back
Top Bottom