Celestion A Series

Soldato
I own a pair of Celestion A1, A3 & A4C.

Why is it every single pair of these for sale have treble drivers pushed in? Either that or the cabinets look like they've been thrown down several flights of stairs.

It took me years finding these speakers, most had either treble driver poked in, damage to cabinets, or both.

Why are these mistreated and abused speakers? Some photos of these in top notch condition

https://imgbb.com/

Soldato
I assume the moldings over the tweeters are there to prevent little ones from poking them in? For what the speakers cost, they didn't do a very good job with that. :p Should have gone with mesh coverings similar to what Monitor Audio use even on their budget ranges. ;)

Seriously though; I imagine some people buying them second hand for a fraction of what they cost when new just aren't going to care for them as much as they would do had they paid the RRP. Speakers on stands with children and possibly a dog running about is a recipe for disaster.

Soldato
OP
Some speakers don't have any grilles over treble driver, as it effects the sound. The triple slants in the celestion a series is dispersion wave guide or something as well as protector.

I bought them second hand for 1/6 of original value and i look after them as if I paid the full RRP.

Back
Top Bottom