Amplifi to replace Home hub?

Associate
i am struggling to understand if this is possible or not having inherited the system in a house move.
At present I have an Openreach optical modem? and my home hub is connected to it.
Wireless signals around the house are pretty poor and I am looking to upgrade.
Can I replace the HH with an Amplifi router and connect strait to the Openreach modem? I assume it is a modem as the broadband optical connects to it and then RJ45 to the HH. The unit also has a battery back up which I assume keeps the phone working in case of a power cut? Would it be a simple set up?

Associate
OP
Yes that is exactly the same setup I have. AmpliFi router connected to Openreach HG612 modem.
Excellent, did you have any issue setting it up? I guess the only difference is i have the optical modem providing my FTTP and not an HG612 which i guess is FTTC?, but i guess that should not matter?

Associate
Excellent, did you have any issue setting it up? I guess the only difference is i have the optical modem providing my FTTP and not an HG612 which i guess is FTTC?, but i guess that should not matter?

No it's very easy setting it up. I presume FTTP works with same with a PPPoE connection. Most of the setup is done on the iOS/Android App. However to enable some of the advanced features like 802.11 r/k/v you need to login to the web management.

Back
Top Bottom