***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Recently got into Technic after not playing since I was a kid! Got the Claas tractor and the Racing truck....

Looking to get the Porsche/Mack next but need to raise funds. I've built up my old lego sets (all from 90s), where do people usually sell this stuff - eBay?

Alex

Bricklink is good option .Watch out of ebay sadly lots of fake lepin style stuff gets mixed in with real stuff

Soldato
Hmm sort of interested in a technic set, crane or truck not really taking my fancy but the porsche does. Could someone that has the porsche post a couple pictures of it ?? Maybe next to some other models to get a better view of it. Would be greatly appreciated. :)

Edit: Forgot to ask if the prosche is a good build for the coinage on it ??

Last edited:
Soldato
At the bottom are my oldest sets 850 Fork Lift and 853 Car Chassis (had this for my 10th b/day) way back in the day lol

Some of the very first Technic sets, classic sets now. I had quite a few back when I was a kid, sadly lost them all. Been trying to get them back for a past few years, takes time to find sets at reasonable prices that haven;t aged badly and are complete.

Soldato
Most of my lego is older technic, I've got 2 or 3 8845s and an 850. Never had a 'genuine' 853 but was able to build one from parts that I displayed with one of my 8860s, 8865 and 8448. I've also got a boxed 855 which is quite nice.

Associate
Yeah I had a bunch of 70s/80s original technics including the car chassis, tractor, fork lift, go kart, mobile crane etc. Still have them all apart from maybe the odd piece that might have gone up the hoover :(

Bought a bulk load of lego some years back when I had kids as I didn't want them messing with my lego :D There was a bunch of original 1974 technic parts (coloured cogs, white axles- see Lego 812) and some strangely coloured slightly warped bricks that I always assumed were counterfeit. Turns out they're 1950s pre-ABS cellulose acetate Lego. Pretty much worthless I believe, but nice to own a bit of history.

Soldato
Ive got loads of lego in my loft from when i was a kid, including the space shuttle (8480) and the truck with the extending winch (8460). Its so tempting to get them down lol.

Soldato
All over that Chiron! Really hope they continue this theme and produce a supercar each year.

I believe the Porsche and now the Chiron is part of a new line of Ultimate Technic collector sets, same as Star Wars UCS sets. Which is good for collectors and those interested in high end Technic sets of super cars.

Caporegime
I believe the Porsche and now the Chiron is part of a new line of Ultimate Technic collector sets, same as Star Wars UCS sets. Which is good for collectors and those interested in high end Technic sets of super cars.
The 911 was a great build, but IMO didn't quite get the look right and there could easily have been several improvements. I ended up selling mine after a few weeks, disassembled for £90. I might pick up the Chiron but certainly not at RRP!

Associate
I really wanna build the UCS Falcon as I just got one but have nowhere the bugger will fit once built!

Regarding the Chiron, I hope Lego step-up a bit and actually make it a technical marvel in terms of the set as I was let down by the Porsche. The dodgy gearbox in the wrong order for example.

Back
Top Bottom