Steam main window becomes unresponsive after playing games following creators update w10

Soldato
Sometimes it's fine, but a lot of the time the main window becomes unresponsive after I exit a game, and I can't even close it (right clicking the icon shows the menu except some artefacts obscure the close option). It's a right PITA and I've found just this thread on steam forums with no real solution.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1489992713705239834/

Anyone else experienced this and found a solution? It's literally just since the creators update came through.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I thought I was the only one experiencing this!!! I've found I get it after playing PUBG.

I've tried minimising the window and closing it via the X at the top right but nothing.

What I did find that works, is by pressing the windows key & the down arrow. This makes the window smaller (resizes it) but makes it responsive again.

Soldato
OP
A
I thought I was the only one experiencing this!!! I've found I get it after playing PUBG.

I've tried minimising the window and closing it via the X at the top right but nothing.

What I did find that works, is by pressing the windows key & the down arrow. This makes the window smaller (resizes it) but makes it responsive again.

Ah good ill give that a go, cheers!

Soldato
OP

No that just minimises it for me, and when I restore it, it's just the same. Come on Steam, fix!

ryu

ryu

Associate
For me it seems to become unresponsive when I take it over the default square aspect ratio size it generally opens up as, particularly going full-screen to 1440p. Occasionally it is fine though, quite annoying.

Man of Honour
When a game exits steam sometimes processes things like screenshots (and presents you with the thumbnail thingy) and other overlay actions so might be worth turning that stuff off as a test.

Soldato
OP
When a game exits steam sometimes processes things like screenshots (and presents you with the thumbnail thingy) and other overlay actions so might be worth turning that stuff off as a test.
Yes that does make sense. Overlay could be at fault here

Associate
Yeh I have had this and the only way I got round it was to ctrl, alt & del then end task. :/

M$ have got a lot to answer for. They have caused LOADS of issues since the botched updates for spectre and meltdown at the start of the year. Give yourself a big pat on the back M$... preferably while holding something sharp!

Back
Top Bottom