Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Soldato
Actually thinking about it that could work, or I suppose I could set it to warm while I have my shower to maybe time isn't such an issue.

So what would the difference be in my drink then? I prefer the looks and compact style of the Delonghi but I don't want rubbish coffee!

Caporegime
Actually thinking about it that could work, or I suppose I could set it to warm while I have my shower to maybe time isn't such an issue.

So what would the difference be in my drink then? I prefer the looks and compact style of the Delonghi but I don't want rubbish coffee!

My routine is get up in the morning and first thing I do is head to the kitchen to switch on the gaggia and boil the kettle. Then shower and change which takes me 15mins, then into kitchen to make my coffee.

Soldato
What's a decent reasonably priced grinder for an Aeropress? I'm fed up of drinking rubbish coffee in work after getting used to the Gaggia/Mignon so I'm going to get one for the office. I've been looking at the Skerton, are there any others worth considering?

Soldato
I use a porlex Mk1 for brewed coffee these days, which I've had for donkeys years. The Mk2 is available from Hasbean (where I got mine from) the Mk2 is better in the fact the grind handle doesn't come off when grinding, but its TWICE the price. The Rhinowares one is similar & is a few quid more than the Hario. I've had reasonable results from both grinders for Brewed coffee. I'd try to avoid the Hario as It looks as though part of it is made of glass. Not something I'd want to take to work for 'health & safety' reasons, your employer may not be happy is someone else tries to use it, the glass breaks and they injure themselves picking up the broken glass. You never know in this day & age.

Soldato
Trying these at the minute.

https://www.costco.co.uk/view/p/kirkland-signature-costa-rican-whole-bean-coffee-908g-156197

Annoying that they cant go in the bean to cup as beans i have to manually grind these then add the grounds, never come across such heavily roasted beans before. But i'm liking the extra strong flavors.

Why can't they go in B2C machine? My Delonghi says only coated beans shouldn't be used. The description says they aren't coated and as a Costco member I may well get some next time I'm in, if they're suitable?

Soldato
They're really oily so not suitable for machines where you cant clean the grinder. I tried some initially and a few beans didn't even make it to the grinder getting stuck in the feeder. So im grinding these with my old Hario hand grinder and using the pre-ground option.

Ive been looking at the other Costco beans and Kirkland Rwandan and Kirkland House Blend are both not oily so going to try those next.
I have tried all sorts from Rave and Tank, and there just not dark enough for me.

Soldato
They're really oily so not suitable for machines where you cant clean the grinder. I tried some initially and a few beans didn't even make it to the grinder getting stuck in the feeder. So im grinding these with my old Hario hand grinder and using the pre-ground option.

Ive been looking at the other Costco beans and Kirkland Rwandan and Kirkland House Blend are both not oily so going to try those next.
I have tried all sorts from Rave and Tank, and there just not dark enough for me.

i'm currently on Lavazza Rosso in my Delonghi and they make a very drinkable Americano. They're similar in quality to a chain high street coffee place like Costa etc and super cheap in Costco.

Hasbean etc are great for a treat but the Lavazza just produce consistent results for circa £10 a kilo.

Associate
I am nearing the end of our current batch of beans (Union Revelation) and am in need of some good recommendations to go in our Eletta ECAM44.660.B. The Union beans came free with our machine and I found them too strong for a regular cup. I have read good things about Illy beans, anyone recommend something better for a general purpose, everyday coffee?

Man of Honour
I am nearing the end of our current batch of beans (Union Revelation) and am in need of some good recommendations to go in our Eletta ECAM44.660.B. The Union beans came free with our machine and I found them too strong for a regular cup. I have read good things about Illy beans, anyone recommend something better for a general purpose, everyday coffee?

Illy are darker roasted than Union and will probably be more bitter than you've had already.

I'd try somewhere that does lighter roasts than Union, who do tend to go to the darker end of medium. So, Hasbean, Origin, UE... all the usual suspects really.

Soldato
Rave have a 'sale' - seems like a better gift than the V'day supermarket meal deals that are popping up

VALENTINES SALE!

We are running a 48 hour sale on all our blends and coffee brewing gift sets. 10% off

Enter code MCLOVIN in the discount box at checkout
*Runs from Midnight tonight through to 11:59PM Wednesday the 7th while stocks last!
*Excludes subscription products and gift cards

Soldato
I'm considering upgrading from my nespresso machine to a proper espresso machine. I don't want anything too expensive or complicated. What are the best options? One i already noticed mentioned in here was the Delonghi Dedica, is there anything similar or better at a similar or cheaper price?

Back
Top Bottom