Tyre slick

Caporegime
+1 for Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel. :)

It lasts a good while, it doesn't look too glossy (which I like, it just makes it look a nice deep satin black) and its really easy to apply.

O1YgMZ9.jpg

Soldato
Another for Meguiars that’s been the best I’ve used. Readily available in Halfrauds for about £12.
Car washes tend to use that stuff u paint on with a brush that looks like a tin of black paint u can get big cans of it on ebay. Only problem with that is it can crack like paint which looks crap after a few days and if you drive off while it’s wet it can flick off the wheels onto the car

Soldato
It’s the finishing touch when you have cleaned your car and wheels just sets it off having nice shiny black tyres.
There’s nothing worse than faded pale looking scabby tyres on a car

For years I was in the "come on its pointless camp" but switched sides recently. The megs stuff is really quick to apply and does just set it off nicely.

Soldato
Megs is good, as said above. If you apply with a yellow dish sponge and then wipe around with a mf when done, it comes out rich but satin. Even better in many ways is CarPlan Tyre Slik. It looks cheap and nasty and is usually only a couple of quid on permanent offer in supermarkets. It consistently wins AutoExpress awards and I have to say it's great. Applies in seconds, overspray doesn't seem to hit the paint and it lasts a fair while especially for the price. As with Megs a quick wipe over takes it back to a satin finish and it lasts aaaggesss.

Associate
Megs is good, as said above. If you apply with a yellow dish sponge and then wipe around with a mf when done, it comes out rich but satin. Even better in many ways is CarPlan Tyre Slik. It looks cheap and nasty and is usually only a couple of quid on permanent offer in supermarkets. It consistently wins AutoExpress awards and I have to say it's great. Applies in seconds, overspray doesn't seem to hit the paint and it lasts a fair while especially for the price. As with Megs a quick wipe over takes it back to a satin finish and it lasts aaaggesss.

I had the opposite experience with this. I completely agree that the price makes it appealing, and the overspray seems to disappear easily, but I found it barely lasted a week. It was even worse than the autoglym spray on stuff I was using before it.

I bought it based on the strength of reviews and wondered if I got a bad can, but mine certainly didn't live up to my expectations.

Soldato
I had the opposite experience with this. I completely agree that the price makes it appealing, and the overspray seems to disappear easily, but I found it barely lasted a week. It was even worse than the autoglym spray on stuff I was using before it.

I bought it based on the strength of reviews and wondered if I got a bad can, but mine certainly didn't live up to my expectations.
I thought the same thing about car plan tyre silk read all the great reviews and to be honest it was good but the amount you have to spray on the tyre to get a satisfactory shine it literally lasts about 3 applications before running out which makes it very expensive in the long run

Back
Top Bottom