What have you done to your car today?

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Into its 16th year of solid service, the hedgehog finally died.

zLKVNo2.jpg

Got it out fairly easily with a slim torx driver and a sony z5 compact wedged to see where the hidden screw was.

Soldato
Into its 16th year of solid service, the hedgehog finally died.

zLKVNo2.jpg

Got it out fairly easily with a slim torx driver and a sony z5 compact wedged to see where the hidden screw was.

I spent 2 hours trying to turn what I thought was the hidden screw which was actually just a shiny metal thing, took 10 mins when I unscrewed the actual screw!

Man of Honour
Got the two stone chips on the front bumper as well as a little chip on the fuel filler door edge seen to today by my guy at the body shop. fuel filler door is aluminium and that chip was small really, if it was a silver car I'd just leave it be.

Superb for £75 and all done in a few hours today.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Fresh brake pads on the front of the daily driver Kia. £30 in parts and 53 minutes of my time. I'd have been quicker if the local tyre places didn't gun the wheel nuts on waaaaaaay too hard...

Associate
Nothing today on Thursday I swapped my wheels front to back and fitted a new head unit.
Going to be servicing it in the week too and then when I get round to it I'll bleed the brakes and fit braided front lines.

Associate
I'm assuming my wheel launched something up at some point recently as my front passenger wheel arch liner was broken today. Ordered a replacement anyway to change next weekend, can't see any harm in driving without one for a week, will give everything a good clean before installing the new one.

Also stripped my starter motor and gave it a clean up. Still works fine but was catching on cold mornings, so cleaned it up and added some dry PTFE lube to moving parts. Still the original part and well covered in clutch dust from 105k miles!

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Having had the left hand idler pulley seize two weeks back, I decided to change the centre idler pulley too just to be on the safe side.
gallery_44179_303_70376.jpg

The old pulley was still in perfectly good condition like the garage had suggested so I've kept it as a just in case spare.
gallery_44179_303_36685.jpg

Soldato
Car decided to flatten its battery due to non use today, so jump started it off the hilux.

Then had a check engine light and a no key detected light.. (but it still started)

Took it for a drive to see/ hear if anything unpleasant had happened. Car ran right as rain.

Got home, disconnected the neutral and drained the power out of the system (pressed brake with HIDs on). Ecu reset and all those nasty check lights gone.

need to get a new battery maybe and ordered a conditioner of the rain-forest.

Soldato
I want another one damnit, but then again I also want an E39 530i Sport... Preferably a Champagne 2... But then I also want a 350Z... But then I also want another Polo... Argh!!!

Tell me about it.. my potential next car list looks as crazy. No idea what I'll end up in after the z4.

Soldato
I got a new one. 2013 Mondeo 2.2 TDCi Titanium X Sport. Now my next challenge is to work out what I'm doing with my 320D now that it's finally knackered.

Back
Top Bottom